Featured

Typically for a “vote-off” reality show, I know my favorite contestant approximately 20 minutes into the first episode. (Am I alone in this?) Sometimes my fave goes on to win, and sometimes I’m wrong, but it’s always fun to pick a favorite and cheer them on throughout the season (unless they’re booted off after the first challenge). I’ll be doing the same for HGTV Design Star Season 6. Tonight at 9/8c on HGTV, 12 designers will face off in competitive design challenges to win the ultimate prize — their own HGTV show. (And one will win fan favorite.) Candice Olson, Vern Yip and Genevieve Gorder will once again grace your TV screens as the tough and brutally honest judges. New to the cast this year are David Bromstad, as the design mentor, and Tanika Ray, as your lovely host.

HGTV-Design-Star-Cast-Season-6-HGTV-DesignHappens

Check out the cast bios and portfolios for a glimpse of what you can expect from the season 6 contestants. Who do you think should have an HGTV.com online show? Vote daily for your favorite design star through September 16.

Now, we want to know who’s your fave contestant and why? Sound off in the comments below.

1. Adam says:

They really need to be bring back Clive.

2. TX Kay says:

Clive is missed! Tanika Ray is hard to listen to and doesn't add the "Class" that Clive brought to the show. The overall show is better than last season, but Clive is definitely missed. This was my favorite show, but season 4 and 5 were really hard to watch – can't stand Antonio and the challenges last season were too team oriented and it was hard to pick out a good designer. But Clive is defnitely missed! Come on, HGTV! Where is he and why isn't he part of your line-up anymore?

3. Katy McNamara says:

Holy Moly! Tanika Ray…talk about your canned ham! Wow.

4. marais morris says:

i thought that i was the only person who HATED to see tanika ray on design star, but i just happened to find this site and have to agree with everyone who is against her being on this show. she is so self centered that she she appears worried only about how she looks than in the contestant when she has to tell that contestant that he is being eliminated. also what does tanika ray have to do with designing homes ANYWAY. why not get a previous winner of design star to take the tanika ray slot. i have to say this because some people are so afraid to say what they are feeling about tanika's presence just because she is black. but i am a black woman and i have watched HGTV for many, many years. i have loved tanika on that entertainment show she used to do and i liked her a lot on the one episode of beveryly hills fabulous. however, she does not do this design star show any justice and should be replaced quickly with someone who is a better fit.

5. Dawn says:

Halleluja!!! Cathy is gone!!!

6. katie says:

Thank God Cathy is gone now i can watch this show forever………………………

7. Kathi says:

I agree, there was a shout of glee when she was told her show was canceled
    and I miss Clive also. David could do Tanika's duties and do them well :)

8. Jay says:

Glad to see HGTV has a lot of opinionated viewers…thought I was the only one. I love Tanika and think her chemistry with David is spot on… What I am over, is the rich and famous taking over the common folk shows. I watch HGTV because you could view regular people with every day issues and concerns. Let Jersey Shore stay on that channel and bring in the hosts from the other Design Star shows.

9. Jem says:

I LOVE this show but I can hardly stand Tanika…. please HGTV any other host would be better than her…

10. Lourdes says: