I believe there can never be enough prints in a room. The mixing, matching and layering of prints is an art form in itself, giving an interior a warm, cozy and collected look. From white, modern spaces that layer on prints with basic furnishings and accessories, to rooms with a mix of patterns that travel from the walls to the floors, here are some of my favorite gorgeous printed rooms that are sure to inspire.

Diane Bergeron

Designer Diane Bergeron

Australian designer Diane Bergeron has a knack for finding amazing textiles and curating a room with them. Here, two chairs in purple ikat upholstery and another in leafy blooms sit across from each other on a black and white rug. The stark white walls and dark wood floors allow the mix of prints and colors to stand together without competing with one another.

Emily Henderson

Designer Emily Henderson

HGTV Design Star Emily Henderson has an incredible eye for mixing prints and patterns. This reading nook featuring a tartan covered wall and striped wingback chair shows how a mix of bold patterns can generate beautiful masculine appeal.

Elle Decor

Elle Decor, Photographer Pieter Estersohn

And there are so many ways to bring prints home. How about a medallion-patterned rug like this one for your living room? Designer Philip Gorrivan‘s pairing with an unconventional wallcovering in fuchsia makes this space really pop.

Elle Decor

Elle Decor, Photographer Simon Upton

Even a mostly monochromatic space can come alive when a variety of prints are brought into an interior. From the sofa, to the wall, to that cute striped lampshade, designer Deborah Buck‘s living room feels fresh and exciting with its variety of prints in a golden hue.

Emily Henderson

Designer Emily Henderson

Finally, as seen in HGTV’s Secrets from a Stylist, Emily Henderson captures one of my favorite ways to bring a mix of prints home. The daring metallic wallpaper by Joy Deangdeelert Cho and the Madeline Weinrib rug are equally classic. Together they give this living room a ton of pizazz.

Do you mix prints and patterns at home?  How do you create the perfect mix?

Tell me in the comments below.

1. [...] via: The Printed Room: Mixing + Matching From Floor to Ceiling Category: Design Tags: Ceiling, Floor, From, matching, Mixing, Printed, [...]

2. Anna@HGTV says:

Emily Henderson's styling with the tartan and stripes — let's hear it for the girl!

3. Lili@HGTV says:

That first room is stunning, Jeanine. Love the mixed patterns throughout. I know a fashion director at a magazine who's able to pull this sort of mixing and matching off with aplomb and I completely envy her style! It's equally impressive and statement-making skill to pull off in a room.

4. dorothy freeman says:

How about a more traditional program for the mature audience like Mat Fox and Sherri Hillar?

5. dona@donaproperties says:

I like Emily Hendersons last room the best. I tend to prefer differences in the size of the patterns used. She used enough color to keep interest but not get too busy. Bravo!

6. MIRNA says:

Fantastic the first room by Emily Henderson….

7. Shannah Cooper says:

In my living room, I have a red and white plaid sofa, predominately red rugs with flowers, a striped rocker, a solid gold antique wing chair and ottoman, floral swag curtains, yellow walls, and white woodwork. I have a small table draped in a checked pattern of the same colors at the end of the sofa and lots of pillows on the sofa are French Country toile of the same colors. It all works perfectly because the colors are the same hue of red, yellow, gold, ecru and other colors. Everyone who visits says my living room is inviting you in with the warm colors. My adjoining dining room has dark red walls and the swag curtains are a yellow and red French country toile print.

8. diane says:

I love mixing patterns as you can clearly see on my chairs at http://www.shawnarobinson.com/blog. I do believe it is an art that Emily has mastered.

9. wendy says:

LOVE mixing and matching with color and pattern! Emily is fab!

10. JackieOC says:

I love what Emily Henderson did with the reading nook… Perfect job.