When I first saw this sofa (in person at the ABC Home Conran Shop) I was repelled by it. There was too much going on. But oh my, how it’s grown on me.

conran patchwork sofa

I find myself thinking about the Oswald Squint the way you would a scraggly mutt that you met at the pound but just can’t keep out of your mind.  At first the visual overload of the bright patchwork seemed so gaudy and ill-advised. But now I find myself imagining it in bright white rooms creating splash of color that no other couch is brave enough make. Who knows why this particular sofa has invaded my thoughts so much, but do tell me if it has the same effect on you.

Design Inspiration

1. CplusE says:

Lately I have been seeing so many wild-looking sofas that I never thought I would like, but like you find myself coming around to their unique charm! I would love to see that patchwork sofa in a room painted a darker color like charcoal — it would just jump out at you! Here is another wild sofa design I found recently:

It was a finalist in Design Indaba 2011 Expo's most beautiful object contest:

Are wild and wacky print sofas the newest design trend?

• Lili@HGTV says:

From what I've been seeing online and in stores, I think you are spot on. The ABC store was *full* of absolutely wild patterns, textures, and fabrics. And you're right about that Zulu sofa! It's fantastic.

2. Anna@HGTV says:

Oh Lili – you must check out these colorful couches from Sweden! http://www.svenskttenn.se/en-us/product/0158/soff… & http://www.svenskttenn.se/en-us/product/0158/soff

3. HGTV_Kelley says:

Honey, I'm an old-school Southern gal, so patchwork plaid ANYTHING makes my heart go pitter patter. Plus, the shape of that couch is quite nap-worthy.

4. Christen says:

I totally agree! This couch in a nice white room would be great! Maybe pull out some of the colors for small accessories in the room as well. No need to worry about needing color with that bad boy! :-)

5. Briana@HGTV says:

Say yes to the couch! (You know, the Kate Spade vase would pick up that hot pink perfectly…)

6. haydensteven1 says:

I have first time seen this patch work sofa and i really like this unique design, i though no one can imagine this type of sofa design.

virginia mls listings

7. siispeedaxel says:

it's awesome, beacouse it's rel

8. granurokhel says: