This past Saturday, HGTV staffers hosted an “I <3 Thrifting” party. While Mr. Goodwill Hunting traversed Charlotte, NC, in search of deals, we stormed thrift stores in our HQ city of Knoxville, Tenn.

I-Love-Thrifting-HGTV-Staff

HGTV Staff (L to R): Jen Moore, Karli Cook, Kelley Walters, Jennifer Leitman, Anne Wilkerson, Kayla Kitts, Nancy Harless

While I only came out with an 80s-style purple skirt and red belt, others hit the jackpot and found antique plates, cupcake stands, vintage fans and kitschy decor. Check out some of our finds:

I-Love-Thrifting-Thrift-Store-HGTV-DesignHappens

The West Knoxville team loaded up with goodies at Nostalgia, a local "vintique" market.

Anna joined designer/bloggers Dayka Robinson, of Life + Style, and Erika Ward, of Blulabel Bungalow, in Atlanta for some thrifting fun. (Erika scored the mod lampshades.) While Anna was on the hunt for dining room chairs for this DIY project, she ended up with a rake, a small brass chicken and a vintage Good Housekeeping tin waste can like this.

I-Love-Thrifting-Atlanta-HGTV-DesignHappens

Anna Millman (second from right) thrifting at Goodwill and My Favorite Place in Atlanta.

Did you participate in “I <3 Thrifting” Day? What city were you in? What amazing thrifty finds did you come out with? Let us know in the comments below.

1. Hilary_HGTV says:

So cute. I'm sad I missed out, but I'm definitely going to find that blue fan pictured here. Love it.

2. Lisa Rutherford says:

I'm in love with the orange chairs!!

3. Briana@HGTV says:

You all look fab in those shirts. So jealous of the finds and the fun! Hopefully I can talk some of you into taking me shopping the next time I am in Knoxville…

4. Wish I could have joined in the fun. Great to finally put a face with some of my favorite HGTV Blog contributors! ^_^

5. Tina says:

I have a favorite thrift store not too far from my house. I got the inside word they purchase hotel furniture from many of the upscale hotels. I've redone my whole house in beach cottage decor. Many of my Broyhill furniture came from the thrift store! Prices can't be beat. It's fun because you never know what you may find. And yes, if you don't really need it —walk away.

6. mo brown says:

I love your TV shows. They are the best.

7. mo brown says:

where was that thrift store? i would love to participate in the fun!

8. NickiePop Art says:

For the Art Lovers!!!! Please check out my new website: NICKIEPOP ART – nickiepopart.com

I am a new artist featuring my art online. Though the website is currently small, the finishing touches are being added on the next additions and the arrival of my New Art! will be soon on it's way.

I look forward to your visit and please continue to check back for the new arrivals!

Nickie
    nickiepopart.com

9. NickiePop Art says:

Attn: HGTV Staff and Customers

The products are currently sold on "Amazon.com" just type in the search field:
    NickiePop Art