Does Harry Potter die? What horcrux is next on Harry’s list? The Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 buzz in anticipation of the premiere is skyrocketing. Are you ready for the final film extravaganza? For you Potterheads and Muggles so filled with breathless anticipation that you can’t sleep tonight, make the most of your HP insomnia by crafting some Gryffindor handmade goodies. We love this easy, adorable handmade apron (and instant costume to wear for the opening weekend) from blogger Bakingdom.

Harry Potter Apron Craft

Hopefully, you’re also whittling away at a wand or knitting the last row of a Hogwarts’ House scarf. Nothing like DIY projects to work off all that nervous and excited energy.

If you’re hosting a HP7.1 viewing party before the 7.2 premiere, why not whip up some of Darla at Bakingdom’s cauldron cakes? She also has a fabulous recipe for butterbeer. (Yes, really!) I wonder if Daniel Radcliff, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint will be trying any wizarding world delicacies tonight?

Butter Beer and Cauldron Cakes

What are your special plans for the premiere of the final HP film? Flying a broom to the showing? Or have you already given a room in your home an HP style makeover? (Karli included awesome photos in her Harry Potter design post about the soon-to-come, interactive reading site Pottermore.) Here at HGTV, there are a number of us preparing for the big event with temporary dark mark tattoos (not to point anybody out, Kayla and Karli).

We’d love to hear from you. Let your HP-nerdiness shine through in the comment area below.

1. Heather says:

BAKINGDOM is THE BEST BAKING BLOG, EVER!!!!!! I LOVE IT !!!!!!!

2. Eve says:

I second that, Heather…… :) Anyone that hasn't visited her blog, is missing out.

3. Stacy says:

Darla's Blog is the cutest…I love all of her designs!!

4. Lana says:

I am SO thrilled that you were the one who got to write this! Enjoy your HP festivities without me -though I know they couldn't possibly be as great without me. :)

• Hilary@HGTV says:

Lana, I was so happy that I got to write it too. (Well, I was lucky really.) The HP festivities just won't be the same without you.

5. Kristin says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE Bakingdom

6. Briana@HGTV says:

Aw. I was supposed to go to a midnight showing last night, but got too tired. (Definitely not feeling as young and spry as I was when the first one came out.) Maybe I can score a matinee ticket sometime this weekend and celebrate with some butterbeer. Mmm. :)

• Hilary@HGTV says:

That's what I'm doing Briana! I can't wait to see it on Saturday. I get chills just thinking about it.

7. […] eager to read more about the famous fictional wizard. Considering it’s been seven years since Deathly Hallows was published (crazy, right?), the reaction is no surprise. The frenzy even crashed Pottermore.com […]

8. Hilary@HGTV says:

I know! I feel the same way. My special plans include brewing butter beer. We'll see how that turns out.