While lime is HGTV’s Color of the Month for July, its deeper, darker cousin — emerald green — is the rising “it” color. Where fashion goes, home decor soon follows, and last year emerald green kept popping up on runways. Now, it’s trending in interior design portfolios. This jewel-tone provides a rich backdrop and a touch of elegant sophistication when used for accessorizing. I hope you like some of my favorite luxe emerald green rooms that are sure to inspire.

Emerald Green Living Room via Pinterest

via Pinterest

Emerald green furnishings, combined with the screens, chandelier and moldings, take this living room “pinned” on Pinterest from stuffy to lively. My favorite element is the patchwork rug that has been dyed to bring the varying shades of green together in this space.

Coastal Living :: Photographer Lisa Romerein

Coastal Living :: Photographer Lisa Romerein

For a fresh coastal mix bring emerald green pieces together with turquoise accessories.  This room featured in Coastal Living is light, airy and perfect for the summer season in a refreshing color palette.

Lonny

Lonny :: Interior Designer Miles Redd

For a rich look, go with your favorite shade of emerald and place it on the walls. Designer Miles Redd shows that this hue is a beautiful backdrop for a room with a mix of colors and pattern.

Emerald Green Bedroom in Veranda

Veranda :: Photographer Martin Sobey

Emerald green has a classic look when paired with black and white. Pillows and bold green carpet are tempered by the clean black and white shades in this bedroom.

Rue

Rue

This color can also be a showstopper on a central piece of furniture. This tufted emerald sofa stands out against the bits of yellow and orange, making this room feel like a lovely jewel box.

Charm Home Design

Charm Home Design :: Designer Cristi Holcombe

Finally, consider accessories in emerald green. In this living room, standout pillows and a chevron curtain add a rich pop of color to complete the space.

What do you think about bringing a little emerald home? Tell me in the comments below.

1. Michelle says:

I have emerald green carpet and a gold and black brocade bed set. I am stumped on a wall color. I have had beige for 15 years. I want a creative change. Any ideas?

2. Charles says:

Hey Michelle;
    You need a dominate color, texture, scale, etc in any space. Black or gold would not be an option so that leaves the green. I would use a lighter, more subdued version of the green and not just on the walls but the ceiling as well. Let the green envelope you. Simple window treatments in the same color as the walls but with trim or banding in the gold and black would give detail and interest. Think about changing your lamp shades to black and use artwork framed in black……contemporary art in tratitional ornate frames in shiney black look great. Finally add pattern to the bed by adding graphic patterned pillows in the green….Good Luck!

3. Linda says:

I love the third one by Designer Miles Redd so much that I want to paint my living room wall that way too, is there anyone knows which brand of the paint it is, and name of the paint chip ? Thanks a lot! :-)

4. janeladubra says:

Thanks for helping us understand this topic. You have written it in a way that makes it very simple to understand. Thank you so much.
    Eye doctor Vancouver

5. Jamie Hinchman says:

I love the way the wall structure is with the fire place. I'm a union painter and I love the emerald green it goes with any color thanks for the pics. http://bit.ly/1163m5r

6. […] is a beautiful color that will add lots of depth and richness to your home’s decor. We love this glamorous interior featuring emerald rugs and furniture, balanced by metallic and white accessories. It’s also a […]

7. […] found an article dated July 2011, on HGTV blog- Design Happens, talking of how Emerald green is the rising ‘it’ color in home Decor. Interestingly Pantone has used one the images from that very article to make a mood board for […]

8. studoro.com says:

Hello there I am so happy I found your site, I really found you by mistake, while I was searching
    on Bing for something else, Anyways I am here now
    and would just like to say thanks for a remarkable post and a all round thrilling blog (I also
    love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read
    through it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it and
    also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read much more,
    Please do keep up the excellent work.