While lime is HGTV’s Color of the Month for July, its deeper, darker cousin — emerald green — is the rising “it” color. Where fashion goes, home decor soon follows, and last year emerald green kept popping up on runways. Now, it’s trending in interior design portfolios. This jewel-tone provides a rich backdrop and a touch of elegant sophistication when used for accessorizing. I hope you like some of my favorite luxe emerald green rooms that are sure to inspire.

Emerald Green Living Room via Pinterest

via Pinterest

Emerald green furnishings, combined with the screens, chandelier and moldings, take this living room “pinned” on Pinterest from stuffy to lively. My favorite element is the patchwork rug that has been dyed to bring the varying shades of green together in this space.

Coastal Living :: Photographer Lisa Romerein

Coastal Living :: Photographer Lisa Romerein

For a fresh coastal mix bring emerald green pieces together with turquoise accessories.  This room featured in Coastal Living is light, airy and perfect for the summer season in a refreshing color palette.

Lonny

Lonny :: Interior Designer Miles Redd

For a rich look, go with your favorite shade of emerald and place it on the walls. Designer Miles Redd shows that this hue is a beautiful backdrop for a room with a mix of colors and pattern.

Emerald Green Bedroom in Veranda

Veranda :: Photographer Martin Sobey

Emerald green has a classic look when paired with black and white. Pillows and bold green carpet are tempered by the clean black and white shades in this bedroom.

Rue

Rue

This color can also be a showstopper on a central piece of furniture. This tufted emerald sofa stands out against the bits of yellow and orange, making this room feel like a lovely jewel box.

Charm Home Design

Charm Home Design :: Designer Cristi Holcombe

Finally, consider accessories in emerald green. In this living room, standout pillows and a chevron curtain add a rich pop of color to complete the space.

What do you think about bringing a little emerald home? Tell me in the comments below.

1. PFG says:

This takes me back a few years this look here…

Something I did in the late 80's with having emerald green carpet and white furniture. <3 Found out every fuzz ball or hair showed most readily on the carpet and what a pain, but still love the color anyways. :)

Like the fun carpet, the emerald wing back and love the ceiling best of all. Ah, yep it's a permanent lovely feature that I like very much. <3

• Jeanine Hays says:

Thanks so much for your comment PFG! It is a very lovely shade.

• marilyn says:

Finally…emerald green. It is my all time favorite color! It is timeless. I never cared for the limey color, I wanted the richness of the real green. Can't wait to purchase the color for my bed. My old one wore out and I miss it. It is relaxing, refreshing, and I want to purchase tops in the same color!!
      Can't wait to see what Candice or David B will do with it, too!!!!

2. hgtvluverr says:

I can see y this is a featured blog. It's lovely. And I'm thinking of putting accent colors for my new bedroom in emerald green. Thanks for inspiring me. (:

3. Ashley says:

Coastal Living – too contrived – all those green glass balls. They're too "one per shelf"…

• Cathy says:

I LOVE those Japanese fishing weights (the green glass balls). Maybe a few less would be better, but the colors really pop and give a cohesive feeling. It's beautiful!

4. Premise Design says:

The emerald green and turquoise is so refreshing! Nice blog.

5. CplusE says:

Emerald green is not normally one of my favorite colors, and I still don't care for it on walls or carpeting, but I was surprised to find myself liking it as an accent color and for upholstery and area rugs. I liked the way the color was used in the first and last pictures, and agree with others here that it combines beautifully with turquoise (as do so many other colors, it seems!).

6. Steve Carradano says:

The twin beds look great – not fussy, simple white bedding, accessorized with a little color, which I think is always the best – steve www dot vero linens dot com

7. Jessica Bradley says:

I think emerald is gorgeous, but I'm a little wary it might turn into hunter green – redneck cabin in the woods – kind of thing. It used to be a different risk altogether… did you know that in the 1800s, early emerald dyes contained arsenic?

Still, you inspired me to pick out a few of my emerald-ish pieces of artwork: http://www.artworknetwork.com/blog.php

8. Jessica says:

I find myself drawn to this color for sure and am looking to add some of it to my office. Curtains, accents, lamp? Maybe all!

9. Caroline says:

My end tables are blah. I think I'll paint them emerald green. Walls and sofa and light tan. Too much??

10. Mary says:

Emeral Green is my birth stone! LOVE IT! One time I saw a living room done in black,white, Emerald green! Fantasic!! It caught my eye the moment I went into the living room. She accidented with white and soft yellow.