I’ve spent many a summer day lounging in a handmade hammock my dad brought me from Colombia. While I love the colors and pattern of my hammock, I’m not a fan of having it fold in on me, encasing me in a cocoon and making reading impossible! Somebody out there in design land shared my frustration when they created the Headdemock Hammock by Fatboy. Your eyes aren’t playing tricks on you. That’s a full-grown woman and two kids hanging out (and reading!). Plus, there’s plenty of room to add a husband and a Great Dane.

Fatboy Hammock

While this super-massive, super-sturdy hammock is available through one-stop home decor retailer Burke Decor, we want to make somebody’s summertime so much sweeter by giving one away. All you have to do to be entered for a chance to win is leave us a comment before 12/11c Monday, July 25.

This week’s question: What’s your favorite way to spend the dog days of summer? Napping on a hammock? Working in your summer veggie garden? Running through the sprinklers?

Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. kevinsimzadish says:

My favorite ways to spend the dog days of summer is working and harvesting the vegetable garden, all the while dreaming how wonderfully awesome it would be to sway in a large hammock with my hubby and giant dog and maybe a few granchildren under our tree! Got to admit, at my age that would be heaven on earth!

2. sandra clark says:

The hammock would be great on my screened porch….especially after a long day at work…relaxing while drinking a tall cold glass of sweet tea….

3. melissa says:

That hammock is awesome!!!!

4. Sarah R says:

Spending time with my family like grilling dinner on the patio, watching my boys shoot some hoops, or watching a movie together.

5. Mary says:

That hammock looks so relaxing. That would be a great gift to give my husband. He would just live in it on the weekend for sure!

6. Darlene Nickle says:

I love to go camping and find a reclining chair to sit under a shade tree near the lake with a good book. That eventually leads to the book falling aside and just relaxing. My two dogs like to join me. Of course it would be much better with this hammock!

7. Beverly Asleson says:

This would be the perfect gift for my husband to relax after a long day at work and being a heart patient who almost died from a cardiac arrest six years ago, and who still does not know how to relax, because he has always been a workaholic. Please consider him to win this awesome prize. What a surprise this would be for him. Yes!

8. Kim Kostiew says:

The way I like to relax during the summer is usually at the oceanside..Or relaxing in the garden enjoying all the wildlife, add a beautiful hammock to that and I would be golden!!

9. brooke says:

Would love to have one of these for our back yard! Big enough for two! :)

10. Tara says:

standing in a shallow creak with no shoes on while skipping stones with my daughter and father.

• As seen on HGTV's "Property Brothers At Home"