I’ve spent many a summer day lounging in a handmade hammock my dad brought me from Colombia. While I love the colors and pattern of my hammock, I’m not a fan of having it fold in on me, encasing me in a cocoon and making reading impossible! Somebody out there in design land shared my frustration when they created the Headdemock Hammock by Fatboy. Your eyes aren’t playing tricks on you. That’s a full-grown woman and two kids hanging out (and reading!). Plus, there’s plenty of room to add a husband and a Great Dane.

Fatboy Hammock

While this super-massive, super-sturdy hammock is available through one-stop home decor retailer Burke Decor, we want to make somebody’s summertime so much sweeter by giving one away. All you have to do to be entered for a chance to win is leave us a comment before 12/11c Monday, July 25.

This week’s question: What’s your favorite way to spend the dog days of summer? Napping on a hammock? Working in your summer veggie garden? Running through the sprinklers?

Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. Darlene says:

Love lounging in the shade sipping sweet tea watching and listening to the wildlife in my backyard!!

2. angiebanana says:

This hammock is AMAZING! Mama need! <3

3. Armelle says:

My favorite way to spend summer is to enjoy my children for two wonderful, fun-filled months! The thought of not having to work until the third week in August is utter bliss.

4. Patty says:

Best part of summer is sitting on the patio at night with an ice cold beer, a slight breeze blowing, looking up at the stars, and listening to the sounds of summer. The chirp of the crickets, the buzzing cicadas, the bull-frogs in the pond…and watching the flickering glow of fireflies. Which is what I am doing right now :)

5. Beth says:

Nothing better then lounging in a hammock with a great book!

6. Carla says:

I love to have my 8 year old Grandson come and spend weekends with me so we can spend our time together in the pool at my apt. complex. If I had a Hammock like this we would lay in it and read or chat

7. michelle says:

perfect for a hot guam summer weekend.

8. BeckyJo says:

I've been asking for a hammock since Mother's Day! I desperately NEED this hammock! I could spend many, many hours outside with my 2 young boys on this super comfy looking hammock.

9. Megan says:

Watching HGTV in the AC. Unless it's super nice, then I'm outside enjoying the flower gardens and playing with my dogs.

10. Carol Dahlberg says:

My favorite way to spend a summer day is sitting in my lounge chair on the shores of Lake Superior or walking the shores looking for pretty rocks. My sisters find agates, I find pretty rocks. I especially like it when it is cool enough for a sweatshirt.

• As seen on HGTV's "Property Brothers At Home"