I’ve spent many a summer day lounging in a handmade hammock my dad brought me from Colombia. While I love the colors and pattern of my hammock, I’m not a fan of having it fold in on me, encasing me in a cocoon and making reading impossible! Somebody out there in design land shared my frustration when they created the Headdemock Hammock by Fatboy. Your eyes aren’t playing tricks on you. That’s a full-grown woman and two kids hanging out (and reading!). Plus, there’s plenty of room to add a husband and a Great Dane.

Fatboy Hammock

While this super-massive, super-sturdy hammock is available through one-stop home decor retailer Burke Decor, we want to make somebody’s summertime so much sweeter by giving one away. All you have to do to be entered for a chance to win is leave us a comment before 12/11c Monday, July 25.

This week’s question: What’s your favorite way to spend the dog days of summer? Napping on a hammock? Working in your summer veggie garden? Running through the sprinklers?

Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. Sue says:

"Playing" in the garden til it gets too hot, then jumping in the pool to cool off….then taking a nap in a nice hammock would just top off the day!!

2. Kim says:

I love to spend summer days in a bath tub full of ice…lol. Just kidding…I guess with my kids at the beach!! We sure would love to curl up all together!!!

3. Jennifer Bautz says:

My family enjoys going to the pool, picnics at the lake, and playing outside. I would love to lounge on the hammock while my kids frolic about!

4. Brandi says:

The best summer days are those where my husband, myself, and my two little girls have no where we have to be and can just enjoy the day. Some days we drive to the beach for the afternoon or all take a hike together. Summer days full of relaxing and playing are the best!!

5. Richard says:

It's been a long time since I've gotten some hammock time. I hope to spend many long lazy summer afternoons lounging in this hammock.

6. Penster47 says:

Would love to have one of these, then I would just need someone to lie in it with me!!! LOL ;)

7. Mariya K says:

I love hanging out in the sun with a good book. Or out on water. But the best thing would be to be able to take my step daughter horseback riding. She's in love with it! Especially when they run through ether eternal. It makes her giggle. :-)

8. Penster47 says:

and what, pray tell, does this have to do with winning a hammock??? LOL

9. Stacy says:

Playing in the sprinklers with my son.

10. Janette Rudde says:

Playing with the dogs in a shady backyard!! =)

• Butternut Squash, Ricotta, & Sage Crostini - HGTV