I’ve spent many a summer day lounging in a handmade hammock my dad brought me from Colombia. While I love the colors and pattern of my hammock, I’m not a fan of having it fold in on me, encasing me in a cocoon and making reading impossible! Somebody out there in design land shared my frustration when they created the Headdemock Hammock by Fatboy. Your eyes aren’t playing tricks on you. That’s a full-grown woman and two kids hanging out (and reading!). Plus, there’s plenty of room to add a husband and a Great Dane.

Fatboy Hammock

While this super-massive, super-sturdy hammock is available through one-stop home decor retailer Burke Decor, we want to make somebody’s summertime so much sweeter by giving one away. All you have to do to be entered for a chance to win is leave us a comment before 12/11c Monday, July 25.

This week’s question: What’s your favorite way to spend the dog days of summer? Napping on a hammock? Working in your summer veggie garden? Running through the sprinklers?

Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. Shawn Mongan says:

As a single dad, the perfect summer day is any day spent with my son. After a fun filled day, relaxing in a hammock together while looking at the stars would make the day complete.

2. Swoozie I. says:

What’s your favorite way to spend the dog days of summer?

One of my favorite things to do in the summer is catch lightning bugs with my daughter on beautiful warm evenings. During the day, we love to lay in the grass and watch the clouds drift by. We imagine what each cloud looks like, then minutes later, we come up with something else, as the cloud changes. I remember doing this as a kid with my daddy, and I like to think when I'm looking up to the heavens, he is smiling down on us.

3. mommymotta3 says:

The best summer day is when I can "hang" with my kids without any worries. This hammock would certainly be apart of our no worries summer days!

4. Terry says:

Don't have a pool, a husband, or a screened porch. Just a back yard, a dog, and an umbrella. Being in Florida, I could lounge year round in the hammock. It could be my new favorite pastime.

5. @shalvors7 says:

I love haning out with my kiddos eating popsicles and ice cold watermelon!

6. Laura says:

BBQ in the backyard with close family and friends while the kids play in the sprinkler and kiddie pool.

7. Sarah says:

playing with my little girl in our back yard. We just redid the outside of the house and a new hammock would look great with the new siding! :D And I would love to spend time reading to her :D

8. Deborah says:

My favorite way to spend the dog days of summer is reading while I sit in the shade, cold iced tea within reach. I'd ditch my uncomfortable lawn chair in a heartbeat and eagerly switch to lounging on that hammock while I read in the shade… if I'd be lucky enough to win it. It looks so comfy! I really like the fact that it won't fold up on me trapping me inside. It also looks comfortable enough to use indoors for extra sleeping for overnight guests!

9. Barb Larson says:

A good book, some shade and an ice cold soda. Ahhh. Don't have a hammock, but that addition
    would be bliss.

10. K. Seymour says:

Its been so hot this summer in Ks…i would love for my husband and myself to be able to laze outside on this hammock when it cools down in the evenings and dream of cooler days to come!

: j

• Chosen for its antiqued black finish, this entry console

• Everyday objects can become focal points in your bathroom

• A footed dish elevates the mundane and frees up counter

• We all collect something, from salt and pepper shakers to