I’ve spent many a summer day lounging in a handmade hammock my dad brought me from Colombia. While I love the colors and pattern of my hammock, I’m not a fan of having it fold in on me, encasing me in a cocoon and making reading impossible! Somebody out there in design land shared my frustration when they created the Headdemock Hammock by Fatboy. Your eyes aren’t playing tricks on you. That’s a full-grown woman and two kids hanging out (and reading!). Plus, there’s plenty of room to add a husband and a Great Dane.

Fatboy Hammock

While this super-massive, super-sturdy hammock is available through one-stop home decor retailer Burke Decor, we want to make somebody’s summertime so much sweeter by giving one away. All you have to do to be entered for a chance to win is leave us a comment before 12/11c Monday, July 25.

This week’s question: What’s your favorite way to spend the dog days of summer? Napping on a hammock? Working in your summer veggie garden? Running through the sprinklers?

Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. Michelle says:

The perfect summer day would be spending the day with my family enjoying the incredible outdoors for a crawfish boil here in Louisiana, and after what would be more dreamy then all of us relaxing on one of your amazing Fatboy hammocks.

2. Simrankchd says:

Lazy Summer days (In the Texan heat, nothing much else is possible)……with my daughter( it's her first summer!) in my arms in the beautiful,comfortable hammock ( Maybe that will finally make her take scheduled naps, and allow me some itsy bitsy naps too) with a long cool ice tea and an e- mail from my husband saying that he will soon be joining us ( he is currently in India.)…………….Purrfect………….meow!

3. Selinda says:

Going to the lake with my family!

4. Carrie Conley says:

Staying cool….hanging around an air conditioner…

5. Emily says:

We love to spend time poolside. Every year my husband's family gets a pool pass for my daughter's birthday. It's so nice to go even after work for an hour. It really helps cause we don't like to use our ac often. A hammock would be a nice way to relax in the shade after a long day at the pool!

6. Annie says:

Ahh, summer days, eating cold watermelon, grilling ribs, and wearing flip flops are some of my favorite summertime pasttimes.

7. donsterb says:

swimming at the pool

8. Sandy says:

Reading on the screened back deck with the sounds of summer all around… but not the bugs!

9. addyokc says:

My favorite way to spend summer is swimming or lounging reading a book!

10. Joanna Mason says:

Sitting in the backyard and reading a good book while watching my children play in the pool. It's very relaxing, but something is missing.. like an awesome hammock!!

• Host a Fall Farm-to-Table Dinner Party

• Mini white pumpkins make adorable vessels for small,

• You don't have to go over the top to bring a fall-inspired

• If you like the look of nature in your home — but can't