I’ve spent many a summer day lounging in a handmade hammock my dad brought me from Colombia. While I love the colors and pattern of my hammock, I’m not a fan of having it fold in on me, encasing me in a cocoon and making reading impossible! Somebody out there in design land shared my frustration when they created the Headdemock Hammock by Fatboy. Your eyes aren’t playing tricks on you. That’s a full-grown woman and two kids hanging out (and reading!). Plus, there’s plenty of room to add a husband and a Great Dane.

Fatboy Hammock

While this super-massive, super-sturdy hammock is available through one-stop home decor retailer Burke Decor, we want to make somebody’s summertime so much sweeter by giving one away. All you have to do to be entered for a chance to win is leave us a comment before 12/11c Monday, July 25.

This week’s question: What’s your favorite way to spend the dog days of summer? Napping on a hammock? Working in your summer veggie garden? Running through the sprinklers?

Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. stephanie says:

Wow. This hammock is awesome! It'd be perfect for my family because we have no trees in our back yard!!!

2. Mary says:

This hammock would be the perfect place to land once I get the calves, cows and horse fed, go to work, tend the garden, and the kids beat me at badmitton!!

3. hellc1 says:

My favorite way to spend the dog days of summer..is by the pool :) Would love to have a hammock to relax and enjoy swaying in the sun~

4. kjoe11 says:

We love to spend the dog days of summer playing baseball, swimming in the pool and cooking out with friends. We create such wonderful memories each summer by just hanging out.

5. ssrunner25 says:

my perfect day is going for a nice relaxing run in the morning. and then hopefully coming home to a new hammock in my backyard! it would be nice to be able to relax for a little after my run then get back to life :]

6. Joe says:

I don't know where else to put this but I hate Novogratz makeovers. Everything I have seen by them so far, is horrible and makes bad or ok places into nightmares. I know its just my opinion, but YUCK.

7. Michelle says:

I'm dying to own a hammock….the best way to spend the summer is sitting outside with a cold glass of white wine, talking with friends and family and laughing till it hurts.

8. Quinn says:

This hammock would be perfect to kick back and relax with a good book.

9. Lynne says:

This would be perfect for my new home. It looks so comfy too!

10. Rachel Bosell says:

Definitely laying in the hammock on a summer day with a good book!

• Tips to decorate with yellow ->

• This viewer wanted to create a light, airy dining room

• Staying with neutral shabby chic hues, this viewer mixed

• This white-on-white living room brings an airy beach feel