Years ago, I landed upon one of the most beautiful blogs, My Marrakesh, and developed an online friendship with author Maryam Montague. She introduced me to Moroccan wedding blankets (I bought a gorgeous one from her years ago) and to the beauty of the Moroccan riad. In fact, it is her very own Peacock Pavilions that I want to introduce you to today. An amazing boutique hotel and home built by Maryam and her husband, Peacock Pavilions has the perfect blend of traditional Moroccan style and modern touches that make it a true gem. I hope you enjoy this house tour and from it takeaway ideas for incorporating Moroccan design in your own spaces.

The Grand Salon in the Atlas Pavilion

In the salon, pierced lanterns hang above and traditional poufs sit next to glossy Ikea chairs for a modern twist.

The Grand Salon in the Medina Pavilion

The arched entryways and tiled fireplace are standouts among the beautiful features in this living space.

The Golden Gazelles Bedroom

The Golden Gazelles bedroom is at the top of my list for places to stay. The gold and black mural is stunning, celebrating the beauty of wildlife. Global touches like the black and white kilim and hanging lanterns complete this bedroom.

The Moorish Muse Bedroom

Here are the wedding blankets I mentioned. They have bits of sparkle and cozy up this guest room. The ceiling mural in peacock blue is also another stunner and represents the kinds of special touches you’ll find throughout this one-of-a-kind abode.

A Bathroom in the Medina Pavilion

Every room at Peacock Pavilions is exceptional, just like this bathroom featuring tiles from the Moroccan company Popham Design. You can continue this house tour in the Peacock Pavilions gallery. Also, be sure to explore HGTV’s new guide to Global Design.

But first, after seeing these spaces, are you interested in adding some Moroccan, global flair to your designs?

Tell me in the comments below.

1. a volk says:

Have always loved the Moroccan look. Right now I have just one small table of that type in my living room, but I think it adds a lot.

2. karen says:

Dear HGTV, I love the things you do with a small space! We are downsizing from 2200sq. ft home to a 1000 sq. ft condo. I would love to give you the challenge of doing it for me. It's overwhelming to me as to what furniture to put in and where. Are you up to the challenge? Please, let me know!! You will have full access!!!! I'm praying you"ll answer…..Thanks

3. Design Goddess says:

Omg the golden gazelles room is absolutely gorgeous.I love moroccan decor & architecture..

4. ktty says:

These rooms entrance me. We have been to Morocco and I was lucky that to bring home some souvenirs that help make my home a bit out of the ordinary. thanks for this mini adventure. I'd love to do a bath like the one shown!

5. [...] Take a Moroccan House Tour: Peacock Pavilions « Design HappensDescription : Every room at Peacock Pavilions is exceptional, just like this bathroom featuring tiles from the Moroccan company Popham Design. You can continue this house tour in the Peacock Pavilions gallery. …http://blog.hgtv.com/design/20 .. [...]

6. Best of morocco says:

I’m impressed!! Really informative blog post here my friend I just wanted to comment & say keep up the quality work.

7. OOOh! beautiful. I am so excited i am GOING there in March! cannot wait to see the real thing.

8. raganc says:

It looks like a beautiful place that I would like to visit. It captures Moroccan culture, yet is creatively designed with a young vibe. While people may not want their homes in the states to look totally Moroccan, you can incorporate some design elements… That is what I did for a client from Morocco. She didn't want to go overboard, but she wanted some reminders of her home and culture, which you can see in the first set of before and after photos in this blog: http://devinedecoratingresults.com/2010/07/08/tip