Years ago, I landed upon one of the most beautiful blogs, My Marrakesh, and developed an online friendship with author Maryam Montague. She introduced me to Moroccan wedding blankets (I bought a gorgeous one from her years ago) and to the beauty of the Moroccan riad. In fact, it is her very own Peacock Pavilions that I want to introduce you to today. An amazing boutique hotel and home built by Maryam and her husband, Peacock Pavilions has the perfect blend of traditional Moroccan style and modern touches that make it a true gem. I hope you enjoy this house tour and from it takeaway ideas for incorporating Moroccan design in your own spaces.

The Grand Salon in the Atlas Pavilion

In the salon, pierced lanterns hang above and traditional poufs sit next to glossy Ikea chairs for a modern twist.

The Grand Salon in the Medina Pavilion

The arched entryways and tiled fireplace are standouts among the beautiful features in this living space.

The Golden Gazelles Bedroom

The Golden Gazelles bedroom is at the top of my list for places to stay. The gold and black mural is stunning, celebrating the beauty of wildlife. Global touches like the black and white kilim and hanging lanterns complete this bedroom.

The Moorish Muse Bedroom

Here are the wedding blankets I mentioned. They have bits of sparkle and cozy up this guest room. The ceiling mural in peacock blue is also another stunner and represents the kinds of special touches you’ll find throughout this one-of-a-kind abode.

A Bathroom in the Medina Pavilion

Every room at Peacock Pavilions is exceptional, just like this bathroom featuring tiles from the Moroccan company Popham Design. You can continue this house tour in the Peacock Pavilions gallery. Also, be sure to explore HGTV’s new guide to Global Design.

But first, after seeing these spaces, are you interested in adding some Moroccan, global flair to your designs?

Tell me in the comments below.

1. Hilary Johnson says:

I absolutely love the Moroccan look, but I'm not sure I'm brave enough to use it myself. Maybe with a few accents?

2. Jason Aderholdt says:

Yeah

3. Diata says:

I just find a bit of lack of color on the walls though.

4. oh my goodness, this is so sweet of you, Jeanine. Thank you!!!

5. omraja says:

The Golden Gazelles bedroom is stunning and a step away from the so common Moroccan inspired designs that we see so much of nowadays. I would like nothing more than to have one of my own.

6. preciouspuppy says:

it's a bit too busy, gives me a headache.

7. Oleta says:

Very pretty. I could not live in it but I would love to visit it.

• Jeanine Hays says:

It is a definitely a place to go and visit, and Maryam has some wonderful services there like yoga classes while you're on your vacation.

8. mishi says:

I am so totally in love with the bathroom! Although it has print galore it still puts off a calming vibe ;)

9. Tierra says:

Too stark white – very industrial, not formal. What's up with that – love it otherwise!

10. patti says:

for those of u who think the walls or decor is too plain – u need to see the real thing – in Morrocco I was facinated w/ their decor. Walls and floors are usually tiled – the most unbelievably colorful ceramic tiles u ever saw. The furniture is usually up against the wall covered in gorgeous throws….and lets not mention the rugs…..