Living spaces are so difficult for me to decorate, as it’s really hard to find the right combination of completely comfortable, quiet and calming yet still relatively inspiring. Fortunately, Ken and I nailed it with our recent makeover. I think you’re going to be very, very pleased!:

What do you think? Could you live in a monochromatic living room? How do you like finished design compared to my mood board? And who wants to guess how old that TV is?

Tell me in the comments below.

1. kelsey says:

It looks so great! It has been a joy to follow along…can't wait to see more!

2. Such a great video, Erin! I have a "thing" for chevron, so I love that pillow and how you mixed it with other patterns. Looks fabulous!

3. missmeowie says:

nice touch with the tables and rug….makes an interesting space.

4. Jodie says:

Is anyone else having trouble getting this video to work?

• Anna@HGTV says:

Hi Jodie – I just watched the video, seems to be playing fine. I'm at home in TN on a Mac and a T1 line. The video did buffer a few more times than usual, but I have about 10 website pages open right now. Hope the video ends up playing well for you…it's a good one!

5. Bee says:

Even though I decorate my home traditionally, I love your sense of balance and use of accessories. I love the room and appreciate your styling.

6. Jessica says:

I am so late to this video, but it looks beautiful!! I think I spy our Christmas present to you from last year!! Yay! So glad you were able to mix them in!

7. erin loechner says:

Yes, Jessica — that is TOTALLY a Quirk touch! :)

8. Florence says:

Although some say that monochromatic living rooms are sophisticatced and dramatic, it really isn't for me.

9. [...] Such a sweet patterned pillow that should be placed in a special space — front and center in my living room! $99 at The Future Perfect Form and function look so great together, [...]