They say that home is where the heart is, and in the case of these darling AHeirloom Plyboo Cutting Boards, that can be true, literally. Amy & Bill, the husband and wife design duo behind AHeirloom, will customize the board by putting the little heart carving anywhere you’d like on the state, so you can mark your home, your birthplace, where you got married — just about anything!

nevada cutting board

I love this concept and think it’d make a great gift, though I must say, some states are better suited than others for the purpose. (I currently live in New York, but I think I’d buy the state where I’m from originally instead. Pennsylvania = the perfect shape for all your chopping needs!) I’ve featured Nevada above, since that’s where I’m headed today for the upcoming Las Vegas Market. I hope to soak in some design and spot even more cutting-edge (forgive me) trends to share here.

Design Inspiration

1. oliveandlove.com says:

Living in Reno and Loving it…..this cutting board is for me!

2. Bowmanave says:

A.Heirloom has had such a great response with their cutting boards that they are all sold out till 2011! Congrats on the success!

3. Karli_HGTV says:

I could probably only cut a long, skinny chorizo on Tennessee.

4. revtimtom says:

Try Hawaii or MD. wondering why they bothered…

5. Bean says:

Living in Colorado, I've had a state shaped cutting board for 25 years!
    Pretty clever though…

6. chefcristo says:

kinda hard cuttin' with a florida cuttin' board!

• Briana@HGTV says:

Too true! But I also love the idea of just using it as a serving board (as shown above) for things like meats, cheeses and crackers, etc.

7. anna@HGTV.com says:

I have a pretty cutting board in the shape of a chicken, (yes, that's what happens when you have hens for pets) and we hung it on the wall as art. That's what I'd do if I had a state of Georgia cutting board. Or I'm picturing a kitchen wall with those fun vintage state serving trays, framed state tea towels and corresponding state cutting boards! <a href="http://www.etsy.com/listing/79080126/hawaiian-islands-vintage-serving-tray?ref=sr_gallery_7&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=hawaii+tray&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_ship_to=US&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_type=vintage&ga_facet=vintage&quot; rel="nofollow"&gt <a href="http://;http://www.etsy.com/listing/79080126/hawaiian-isl…” target=”_blank”>;http://www.etsy.com/listing/79080126/hawaiian-isl

8. Denise W says:

AND let us NOT forget the great state of LOUISIANA, the ONLY state shaped like a BOOTH, here you can walk in it, drink out of it, along with so many other amenities…….LOL..

9. Yooper says:

Benefit of living in MI- two cutting boards!

10. Wow!its such a lovely blog on Cutting board designs.
    Keep going.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Keep sharing more and more.