Nothing brings a room together like a chandelier. The most sleepy of spaces instantly goes from lackluster to luxe with the addition of one of these quintessential light fixtures. The HGTV Design Happens crew wants to give your living room or dining room (heck – any room) a mini-makeover with designer chandeliers from Brooklyn-based lighting company Crystorama. Their classic designs hang from the ceilings of the US Supreme Court building and Constitution Hall.

Chandeliers

Three winners will get to choose a design from the feminine Fiore Collection, modern Solaris Collection or transitional Hampton Collection, pictured above. To enter for a chance to win, just leave us a comment before 12/11c Monday, August 8.

This week’s question: What’s your best tip for giving a room a quick pick-me-up? A vase filled with fresh flowers? An accent wall in an “it” color? A bold piece of art? Or is it all about the lighting?

Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. Steph says:

When on a limited budget: A good cleaning, opening the windows, and a fresh candle. For an added touch a switch around of accessories or a fresh vase of flowers.
    Big changes: new lighting, paint, fun accent pieces like mirrors

2. Rose Branam says:

fresh paint…..clean floors……dim lights……good-looking, honest man! That's really all you need to liven up any space!

3. Roberta says:

A quick declutter, a vase full of pretty flowers and a pleasant smelling candle(s).

4. Cindy K says:

Switch out the accessories….new colors make all the difference!

5. Danielle says:

Brightening a space with throw pillows or new window treatments is an easy way to change the look.

6. katie says:

I like the idea of playing with color, whether its new paint, or just a few throw pillows a rug. And sometimes all you need to revise a room is to rearrange the furniture!

7. Andrea says:

Open the windows for natural light and a splash of fresh color…flowers or accent pillows. You can also update by changing lampshades.

8. Heidi says:

Dust, declutter and add a mirror or two and open the drapes

9. EILEEN says:

Slipcovers for a chair or sofa can make the room look brand new. Less expensive, just change out or add new pillows.

10. Shannon Gaines says:

I rearrange the furniture, add a new candle/plug in scent and I buy new pillows almost every year for my living room and bed room. If I could afford it, I would definitely change my area rug in my living room at least twice a year.

• Adventures in Antiquing: Upcycling an Old Cutlery Box Into