Nothing brings a room together like a chandelier. The most sleepy of spaces instantly goes from lackluster to luxe with the addition of one of these quintessential light fixtures. The HGTV Design Happens crew wants to give your living room or dining room (heck – any room) a mini-makeover with designer chandeliers from Brooklyn-based lighting company Crystorama. Their classic designs hang from the ceilings of the US Supreme Court building and Constitution Hall.

Chandeliers

Three winners will get to choose a design from the feminine Fiore Collection, modern Solaris Collection or transitional Hampton Collection, pictured above. To enter for a chance to win, just leave us a comment before 12/11c Monday, August 8.

This week’s question: What’s your best tip for giving a room a quick pick-me-up? A vase filled with fresh flowers? An accent wall in an “it” color? A bold piece of art? Or is it all about the lighting?

Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. Elise says:

Life brightens the room! Family pictures in fun frames is what I surround myself with!

2. Kate says:

I'm all for a new bold piece of art!

3. Jackie says:

I like playing with lighting. Various sized and shaped lamps, candles, a dimmer . . . It's not only the source of light, but the placement and arrangement of sources.

4. LTCora says:

Change up the drapes or pillows/blankets. my 2nd choice would be changeing the wall color.

5. bethivy103 says:

I think that cleaning is the best way to pick up a room. Its amazing what picking up does. I have 4 dogs, so when a room needs a pick-me-up, I do a little sweeping, fold the blankets I leave on the couches, put away the dog toys, and put some nice pillows on the couch. Put a nice vase with flowers in it and the room looks complete.

6. Sue Stayton says:

One of the quickest ways of giving a room a lift is throw pillows and lighting. Love the chandeliers, by the way!!!

7. Debbie says:

A quick pick up for a room would be a vase of fresh flowers. A lasting change for a room would be to update the lighting

8. Becky ireton says:

Oh answer the question? Make sure windows are clean and a few candles around and yes a vase of fresh flowers and colorful flowers at the front door

9. Kristin says:

My favorite part of my room is the art and using the colors from the art around the room. I don't have expensive art, just framed pieces that I love and which have colors that I love.

10. Tammy says:

This week’s question: What’s your best tip for giving a room a quick pick-me-up?

I like to re-arrange the furniture. Whether it is just orienting the table in a different direction, or swapping chairs from different rooms it is nice to change things up a bit.

• Ideas for using lemon zest in your design.

• Dining Room Definition - Ask Genevieve - Episode 4

• Feminine wallpaper and white wicker hang out in this lovely

• There's no confusion about what goes in this basket