How much is gold worth? The stock market rallied briefly from Monday’s cliff dive, but it was short lived. So, the value of an ounce of gold just might top its recent $1700 high. Instead of banks and mutual funds, in uncertain financial times it may be wise to stock pile your home with the gilded stuff. And not just under the mattress. Gold furniture, gold walls and gold accessories. (A few gold rings won’t hurt either!)  Then invest in a big dog.

How to Invest in GoldClockwise from left: 1. Gilded chaise lounge featured in this week’s episode of Home by Novogratz 2. Oh Joy! wallpaper from Hygge & West 3. Golden mirror from Fresh Design Blog 4. Gold frames from Domicile Interior Designon HGTV’s Designers’ Portfolio 5. Golden lamps and spray from Domicile Interior Designon HGTV’s Designers’ Portfolio

What do you think? Are these styles too nice to melt down and sell? Is a mini-Versailles your style?

Tell us in the comments below.

Design Inspiration

1. [...] via: How to Invest in Gold…Living Spaces, That Is Category: Design Tags: Gold…Living, invest, [...]

2. Jamie says:

I think gold is something where a little goes a long way. The gold wall art is nice, but that's because it's small and doesn't overwhelm you. I can't imagine not getting tired of the gold wallpaper.

3. alexandra says:

I absolutely love it! I am a fan of gold, splurge, bling stuff! Please when Donna decorating Dallas is schedule to coming?
    I really love her style!!

4. Ksande17 says:

I like that the gold is in accent and is not overwhelming – which seems like it would be easy to do

5. Meg Cockrum says:

My grandma started putting this style in this week in her house by buying gold coffee mugs and they are really fun to drink out of!

6. Kelly Hastings says:

love the fainting couch! :)

7. Robert Shynn says:

I just wanna know where da gold at.

8. Hui says:

I love gold, but I'm not sure if it's quite my style yet. For me, most of the gold accented decor is for a well-season individual, one who is mature in their age with refined, sophisticated and classy taste. I do hope to be at this stage at one point in my life, but at the present moment, I don't think I've had my fill of fun, craze, and spontaneity. One day, GOLD, but until then, copper, silver, and nickle is more fun!

9. Inclusion of hedge funds in a balanced portfolio reduces overall portfolio risk and volatility and increases returns.

10. Drusilla says:

Greate post.Keep writing such kind off information on your
    blog. Im really impressed by it.
    Hi there, You have done a fwntastic job. I’ll definitely digg it
    and individually suggest to my friends. I’m surre
    they wiol be benefited from thyis web site.