Last week, Anna blogged about decorating with chrome yellow, HGTV’s August Color of Month. So, as I prepared my post on entertaining with chrome yellow, it dawned on me that I must have a thing for color, because I seem to adore every hue that is picked as the Color of the Month. One of these days, the HGTV color team will select a tough one for entertaining, and I promise to confess if I hate it. For now, I’m all about this month’s bright shade of yellow.

credits :: lemon bars, frozen lemonade, lemon cupcakes

My favorite color trend right now is the yellow and gray combination. From home decorating to weddings, this pairing is simply gorgeous. These pretty paper details will add color and texture to your next soiree.

sources :: paper medallions, pinwheels, thank you cards, poms

To bring in the bright yellow color to your party, use lemons for decor, desserts and drinks.

sources :: cake, candy jars, flowers

I recently styled this yellow and gray dessert table for a HGTV feature on “Elements of a Dessert Table“. Created to celebrate an engagement, the ideas shown are also perfect for a bridal shower, baby shower or wedding. Brightly colored candy and desserts bring pops of yellow into the design.

dessert table photos :: Laura Winslow Photography

Have you used this bright and cheerful color for a party or wedding?

Tell me about it in the comments below.

1. Hol says:

love the yellow and gray combo! i'm going to use these colors for our nursery!

2. Denise W says:

So pretty, I remember in Elementary school I used to color most everything either YELLOW or PINK if it was the right occasion…..

3. A Creative Spirit says:

I have never been a big fan of yellow but I sure don't know why after seeing this….. IT IS AMAZING…..

4. Amanda says:

I'm so glad I came across this blog post! My main living areas in my house are a warm buttery yellow and I want to paint my bedroom (which is directly off the main living area) gray. Is there anything I should consider when choosing my shade of gray? I've been concerned with the warm/cool color contrast. Thanks for your help!

5. @danlizibeth says:

Hey Amanda! There is no reason gray and yellow can't look great together. Because you have a warm buttery yellow living room, go for a warm gray tone! This tone will emphasize a more gray brown than gray blue. Hope this helps!

6. Shawna Smith says:

Can anyone tell me what the white flowers are in the lemon/mason jar arrangements pictured above?

7. Molly says:

Does anyone know what kind of white flowers those are in the vases with the lemons?

8. luxuryliving says:

I just love yellow color… This color is very energizing.. And CplusE101p , thanks for your wonderful recipe. I'am going to try this and am sure its going to taste real good ..