I’m not what you’d call a minimalist. In fact, I subscribe to the whole “If it’s worth doing, it’s worth overdoing” philosophy when it comes to design. Which is why this Danish home’s funky floor is so appealing to me.

funky bathroom floorBy Heyhome for Bolig, via From Scandinavia With Love

This festival of zig zag and highlighter colors feels like a giant Missoni print translated from textile into tile. The real genius is that everything else is kept simple, so the floor gets to glow against dramatic black cabinets and stark white walls. What do you think? Do you love a bright, bold statement like this on floors? Or does it feel too Saturday Night Fever-ish for you?

1. Anna@HGTV says:

I love it! If it was on the walls, it would drive me crazy. But I love the chevron with those bold colors on the floor!

2. Linda Namik says:

It's AWFUL!!! You have unusual taste. Can't say I agree with anything I've seen of yours on this site.

3. Kayla@HGTV says:

I love the color, too. It would only work for me if it was used the way it is in the photo – with plain, white walls and black cabinetry. No other (color) distractions. Is there a pattern? Or is it random? I can't tell.

4. CplusE says:

That floor would certainly wake you up in the morning! How coincidental that a couple of weeks ago I found this interesting bathroom using multi-colored woodgrain porcelain floor tiles on a wall behind the bath tub:

I like the fact that they used the same tile in a neutral grey for the floor, and that surrounding surfaces are grey or silvery or white in color, to let this wall really stand out!

• Briana@HGTV says:

Whoa, neat find! I can't believe those tiles are porcelain. It reminds me of this chest I spotted the other day. The black contrast gives it a Lichtenstein-feeling.

• CplusE says:

That chest is amazing — it almost looks like the same designer came up with both the chest and the floor tiles!

5. MizzyD says:

That's pretty awesome, providing it's kept to a small room!

6. Benny Tan says:

This design is great! Zigzags and stripes are great choices for any residential or commercial area!! For anyone interested, here's a link to an article about stripes and some sample pics: http://www.pnpcraftsmen.com/blog-0/bid/66709/Get-

7. Mika Webb says:

I would love this flooring in my bathroom. It's so much fun! It may not work in every space, but it surely has a place.

8. Marianne@HGTV says:

I love love love these tiles. Love. Did I mention I love it?

9. katy says:

i LOVE the floor! so fun & funky. perfect for a powder room!!

10. LINDAANNEWI says:

Looks fabulous in a photo — but — I think I would get tired of this really, really quick. It would be an expensive regret.