Featured

Fiat recently announced the arrival of its newest limited edition 500-series car inspired by Italian fashion house Gucci. Set to hit the streets for the first time during New York Fashion Week, the Fiat 500 by Gucci features retro red and green Gucci stripes on the side and an interlocking ‘G’ symbol on the wheels. While curiously (and enviously) scouring Gucci’s website for more information on their new automobile venture, I became entranced by their Women’s Fall/Winter 2011-2012 fashion collection. Had I stepped into the ’70s? (I’ve always wanted to experience the Disco era!) We’re talking flare, fringe, suede, miniskirts and short fur jackets. So I started thinking … what home decor and furnishings would best represent 70s-style Gucci? It didn’t take my imagination very long to create my idea of the perfect Gucci-inspired styleboard with the help of 1st Dibs.

Fiat-500-Gucci-Edition-70s-Style-Decor-HGTV-DesignHappensAll from 1st Dibs: 1. 1970′s Italian Porcelain Horse Sculpture 2. Walnut and Leather Sling Sofa 3. Lightolier Nickel-Plated Sputnik Chandelier 4. Modernist Rocker/Club Chair and Ottoman 5. 1970′s Gucci Leather Mirror 6. Low-Table With Brass Antelope Heads in the Manner of Chervet 7. Pierre Cardin Table Lamp

What do you think? Did I hit it right on the nail with the ornate and slightly over-the-top pieces with gold or brass accents? And leather. You can’t forget the leather. What would you add or subtract from my Gucci-inspired styleboard?

Tell me in the comments below.

1. HGTV_Karli says:

I'm loving the horse head, mirror and table lamp. The furniture and chandelier are a little too groovy for my tastes. Love brown, but woah – that's a lot of brown! I don't know if I could've lived through the 70's. Never been a fan of the color palette – Gucci or not!

• Kayla@HGTV says:

Interesting you say that. I actually like the furniture and chandelier (with the exception of the table) more than the accessories. And yes – lots of brown, mustard yellow and groovy florals.

2. Briana@HGTV says:

So luxe. I'll take the rocker and the chandelier, thanks!

3. CplusE says:

I actually lived through the '70s and I'm not sure I want to go back! But if you insist, all you need to complete your '70s design is something macrame and a shag rug. How about a leather shag rug, which combines two '70s design elements in one and sort of looks like the model's fur coat:

Macrame is a little harder since it can so easily look tacky, but these poufs should do the trick:

I do draw the line at avocado green anything though — that's one '70s trend that can just stay there! :D

4. songfang says:

very helpful ,thanks!I like this article very much!I would also like to share you with some good ideas about laptop battery.

5. Sarah Wise says:

Cute car, but on the whole Gucci doesn't do it for me. However, I do love the leather rocker and found a similar one here:

6. Suzanne Nash says:

I grew up in the 60's and 70's and it was totally Brady Bunch. Groovy and out of this world is what I see here. I am not crazy about it all, the table and horse head but hey you gotta just lay back and take it all in. It is a great compilations of the 70's. I think you did a bitchen job! Peace and love to you all and I love the babe with her fur coat, had one of those, and the groovy boots! Peace out! Suzanne Nash

• Kayla@HGTV says:

Thanks, Suzanne! I was an 80's baby, so I've learned about the 70's through all the "groovy" pop culture associations and also digging through some of Mom's clothes. (Entirely wooden Candies heels?) After looking at the photo collage a few more times, I really don't think that if I had randomly stumbled across any one of those pieces that I would have thought they looked out of touch. It's funny how something 30 years old can make such a comeback.

7. Marianne@HGTV says:

That leather sling sofa! *THUNK* (that's me, passing out because I heart it too much)

8. [...] Fiat Unveils Gucci-Style Car, We Dream Up a Gucci Styleboard [...]

9. aanrechtblad says:

aanrechtblad-kopen.nl

10. I was looking for something like this…I found it quiet interesting, hopefully you will keep posting such blogs….Keep sharing.
    best crossbow reviews guide