Ken and I must really like you guys, because today we’re showing you our home’s greatest embarrassment: the sunroom. Promise you won’t judge us, OK?

We can’t wait to transform this space into an extension of our existing living room and an additional seating area for entertaining. Be sure to check back as we make progress in the next few months!

Tell me, friends, what would you do with this space? Are we on the right track?

1. Marianne@HGTV says:

What a great raw space, Erin! I love the loft idea–we have a little loft space at our house and it is just the sort of magical spot I would have loved as a kid. We are filling it with books and pillows for our little girl.

2. kelsey says:

That room is going to be amazing when you're done with it!

3. Gail says:

OMG, the loft-as-reading-nook idea? Forget future kiddos, I AM COMING OVER TO READ IN THAT!!! hahaha

PS – I NEED to see this casa of yours in person! Soon, 'kay?

Hugs,
    G

4. erin loechner says:

Thanks, friends! I'm most excited about the reading loft, as well. Can you imagine how lovely it will be? :)

5. Bonnie Harvey says:

That loft room is a room I "ve always Dreamed of having!
    My Husband is retiring soon!Our son are Grown Men Now and they don't come much.We always Dream of building a small Cabin.And to able to Travil!
    This Raw Space would be Beauitiful for us!Our Youngest son Married a CA. girl.He is in the Army.CA. is REALLY HIGH DOLLARS to live there!We couldn"t live there unless we Won it!You have done a GREAT JOB on this!

6. [...] Our Sunroom – The Before (Ugh, an Embarrassment!) HGTV Design Happens August 31, 2011 3:45 pm HGTV Design Happens Rate this story Share this story [...]

7. Lots of plants everywhere, a bistro table for sipping coffee or tea and a "nook" with comfy, casual seating for curling up with a book. Should be a wonderful, relaxing retreat and living room extension once completed. Good luck!

8. Martha says:

I love the reading loft idea so much! I think you should hang something, like a swing or a bed, like AB Chao's porch.

9. aj fossil says:

wow this girl needs her own show.