I know some of you out there are not too keen on the whole wallpaper trend, but maybe this darling Ohoy Wallpaper from the newly-launched Fine Little Day shop will change your mind? The story behind the nautical paper is as sweet as the print itself.

ship wallpaper

The scratchy handmade charm comes courtesy of designer Elisabeth Dunker‘s young son, Otto. How brilliant that she recognized the then 8-year-old’s talent and turned his drawings into to-die-for wallpaper and textiles! The seascape would be perfect in a kiddie bedroom, of course, but I think it could make just about any space, dare I say it, shipshape.

1. [...] friend. Daily Delight: Ohoy Wallpaper HGTV Design Happens Tue, September 6, 2011 10:00 AM UTC HGTV Design Happens Rate this story Share this story [...]

2. Kayla@HGTV says:

How sweet! I think this would inspire any kid to take their imagination to paper.

3. Barbara says:

This would make a cute border too. I know they aren't that "in" right now, but I think they are cute.

4. Patrick says:

Cute story, ok wallpaper – not sure I would want it or use it for anyone else…it looks like a kid's drawing…I am afraid I don't think it's so brilliant. Sorry!!

5. Carol says:

Cute,do they do frogs? I would wallpaper the workld and then accent with lots of color.

6. Trisha says:

That is awesome, a great way to make a room so personal.

7. joy brunner says:

Pretty clever for 8. Decopage. A trunk maybe a table top?

8. Robert says:

There is a =significant= difference between featuring your child's art on wallpaper and its unauthorized appearance on your wall as in http://shitmykidsruined.com/2011/02/20/the-fun-ro….

9. Jeanne says:

Patrick: It looks like a kids drawing because that is what it IS! Read the article. That is what makes is super! Love it!

10. Caro says:

Patrick it looks like a kids drawing because it is just that, not to mention the little boy is only 8 years old. So yeah it is kiddish but he will grow up some day to be a renowned artist if he keeps up the hard work. I for one am proud of his accomplishments no matter what his age. Why because he tried.