A few days ago, I thought I had found the coolest tile floor ever. A few days ago, I might have been wrong. Because I just spied this PLAID TILE FLOOR on Houzz, and my life is forever changed.

plaid tile flooring

Look closely, rub your eyes, squint, and then pinch yourself like I did. I cannot believe this is tile, and not carpet. I also cannot imagine the kind of patience needed to lay down such a work of art. A doff of the cap to you, Andrea May!

1. MizzyD says:

I'm not so keen on the tile, but that mirror is gorgeous!!

2. [...] Daily Delight: Plaid Tile Bathroom Floor HGTV Design Happens Fri, September 9, 2011 10:00 AM UTC HGTV Design Happens Rate this story Share this story [...]

3. fxgeorges says:

I found some beautiful porcelain 1 x 1 to do a 2 row accent — Empire black swan or something like that. It's a dark charcoal color which will pick up the honed black marble in the basketweave floor tile and my charcoal vanity. Loving it!

4. alison goldbaum says:

I like the other parts of the bathroom, but I don't care for the plaid floor. It reminds me of 1970s carpeting.

5. debbie97058 says:

I think it'd be great in a 1/2 bath–w/RED towels for guests! is it tile or is it material?

6. Kate says:

The floor is a mosaic from a company called AKDO known for its interesting mosaics. Here's a link: http://akdo.com/products_detail_coll.asp?pid=1832

7. Eva says:

I like it but it is a very busy pattern that would appeal to only a few and something that I would get tired of fairly quickly. I wouldn't want to put that much time and effort into laying tile with a design that I couldn't live with for some time.

8. Mary says:

No I don't like it at all.

9. Corinne says:

It's not to my taste, but having tiled several bathrooms I admire the patience and care it took to lay this!

10. Lydia says:

I like it! It looks like a pair of pants I had in 1970, but had a red stripe instead of beige–unless that's red and looks like beige on my computer. Love it all!