A few days ago, I thought I had found the coolest tile floor ever. A few days ago, I might have been wrong. Because I just spied this PLAID TILE FLOOR on Houzz, and my life is forever changed.

plaid tile flooring

Look closely, rub your eyes, squint, and then pinch yourself like I did. I cannot believe this is tile, and not carpet. I also cannot imagine the kind of patience needed to lay down such a work of art. A doff of the cap to you, Andrea May!

1. Kayla@HGTV says:

There's NO way that's tile. No way.

• Patrick says:

Bet you a dollar. Go to AKDO.com look in the collections section, you will find the plaid patterns under the Fabric collections or just type Plaid into search function. We make all of our designs in house w natural stone on mesh mounted sheets. Glad you like it…..

• Deborah says:

it's ugly..looks more like some kind of rug..i know i would not even think of putting it in my house..my cats can pee on it..lol

2. MizzyD says:

I'm not so keen on the tile, but that mirror is gorgeous!!

3. [...] Daily Delight: Plaid Tile Bathroom Floor HGTV Design Happens Fri, September 9, 2011 10:00 AM UTC HGTV Design Happens Rate this story Share this story [...]

4. fxgeorges says:

I found some beautiful porcelain 1 x 1 to do a 2 row accent — Empire black swan or something like that. It's a dark charcoal color which will pick up the honed black marble in the basketweave floor tile and my charcoal vanity. Loving it!

5. Marianne@HGTV says:

I cannot wrap my head around this being tile. The amount of work and concentration involved is so intense!

6. alison goldbaum says:

I like the other parts of the bathroom, but I don't care for the plaid floor. It reminds me of 1970s carpeting.

7. debbie97058 says:

I think it'd be great in a 1/2 bath–w/RED towels for guests! is it tile or is it material?

8. Kate says:

The floor is a mosaic from a company called AKDO known for its interesting mosaics. Here's a link: http://akdo.com/products_detail_coll.asp?pid=1832

9. Eva says:

I like it but it is a very busy pattern that would appeal to only a few and something that I would get tired of fairly quickly. I wouldn't want to put that much time and effort into laying tile with a design that I couldn't live with for some time.

10. Mary says:

No I don't like it at all.