I learned from an early age about the decorative power of a beautiful table lamp. Growing up in Atlanta, I visited many a home with a gorgeously appointed sitting room or parlor that exuded that quintessential Southern charm. My friend’s moms were lovely hostesses who always produced a glass filled with sweet tea or ice-cold Coca-Cola within minutes of a guest’s arrival. Conversation flowed effortlessly in these intimate spaces beautifully lit by a perfect set of table lamps. (I can practically feel my Southern accent coming back just remembering those times.) Listen y’all, we all know good lighting can make or break a room. And that a table lamp is one of the easiest ways to update the look of a space. Well, we’ve partnered with The Southern Home, a company that specializes in elegant home furnishings filled with Southern charm, to bring you that perfect burst of brightness and beauty for a room in your home.

HGTV design blog - Table Lamp from The Southern Home - Freebie Fridays(left to right) Botanical Garden :: Marianna :: Babcock

One Design Happens reader will get to choose a table lamp from the three lovelies pictured here: Botanical Garden, Marianna or Babcock. To enter for a chance to win, simply leave us a comment in the field below before 12/11c Monday, September 12.

This week’s question: Why do you love a beautiful table lamp? Are you all about mood lighting? Without the right table lamp, would you be at a loss for a favorite place to read a good book? Do you have a soft spot for lamps with curvaceous shades and intricate design details?

Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. Kate says:

I love table lamps because they sculpt light so beautifully, as well as acts as sculpture in and of itself. The table lamp sits about eye level and the eye is drawn to it: you want/need it to look great since it calls so much attention to itself! I'm a fan of all from intricate porcelain to modern pieces.

2. Shar says:

A table lamp is great for task and ambient lighting. Lighting is a very important design aspect in every room. Unfortunately, it is not always utilized to the fullest. It can change the overall feel and decor of a room.

3. Sandy says:

A good looking lamp to light up my yarn and crochet hook-perfect!

4. judyminviv says:

I think that table lamps are the jewelry in the room. They don't just light up the room, they accent it in a way that nothing else can. They add depth and dimension to a space that otherwise would look flat and uninviting.

5. Mattress Double says:

I like the valuable information you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your blog and check again here frequently. I am quite certain I’ll learn many new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next! http://www.double-mattresses.com/

6. princessmeels says:

I think lamps add a lot of character and personality to a room. Also, lighting is a huge part of decoration and says a lot about a room. Having a good lamp to cuddle up next to and read a book is always a plus! Lighting says a lot about a room and reflects your personality. These are gorgeous!

7. msjennings65 says:

A table lamp sets the mood of the room.

8. KYRA says:

You find the right lamp and it not only is functional, but it can also be a decorative statement piece. Think about the Frank Lloyd Wright lamps…….they are works of art! I don't have any lamps, so I would love to have one of these………..

9. Colleen O. says:

All three table lamps are beautiful and I would be thrilled to win — it would add just the right amount of color, style and warmth to my living room; as well as a touch of femininity to our very masculine living room that I share with my husband and two sons!

10. Bridget Trojan says:

The Mariana Lamp apeals to me. My design sense is not always popular but if I "feel" the thing I want it! I get lost in wonderous patterns and the circles are really interesting!