If you are anything like millions of design lovers, chances are you were waiting for Target’s website to just let you in this morning. Today is the first day that the Missoni for Target line is on sale and the demand for this iconic fashion house’s zig-zag patterns and bold color pairings at reasonable prices was so high that many shoppers were met with an error page when they logged on to the retailer’s site.

missoni for target

Once I was finally let in, I wasn’t completely surprised to find that a lot of the truly desirable pieces where already out of  stock. Obviously I wasn’t the only one thinking that I really needed one of those blankets for fall. Ever the optimist, I’m hoping that Target is holding a secret stash in reserve and will replenish their supplies. Did any of you score some Missoni?

1. Marianne@HGTV says:

I got up early this morning, sat in front of the computer (before the site crashed!), and couldn't pull the trigger! I should have at least snapped up a blanket. I blame it on my lack of coffee.

2. Briana@HGTV says:

Oh, I too wanted a blanket, but they were gonegonegone, so I settled for a makeup bag and a few odds and ends. Fingers crossed for the secret stash!

3. HGTV_Kelley says:

Dude, I'm still hoping to score one of their John Derian phrenology trays from last year. I'm even willing to pay big on eBay for it. Which is what I suspect the "secret stash" will end up being for most of us. ;)

• Briana@HGTV says:

Kelley, I did not know you had a thing for Derian, too! I have a Derian paperweight, but the many trays and dishes remain on my permanent wish-list.

4. Liz_HGTV says:

I'm going to optimistically hope there's a secret stash at "my" Target, since the website is *still* down. If not, I'll have to make my own throw (also, learn to crochet).

5. haydensteven1 says:

These all items are now available for sale, i truly surprised to see these all items. I want to buy this antique items for my home.
    mls richmond