So you think you want to thrift but you just haven’t found the inspiration. Let me tell you why I love it!

Thrifting is an affordable way to find unique home decor and clothing. For example, I started thrifting as a means of finding clothes that none of my friends had, at a price that didn’t break the bank.

Design Happens: What We Love About Rashon

Design styles recycle themselves so you can find things that were once old, but are now new.

Don Draper's Office, The Mid-Century ModernistDon Draper’s Office, The Mid-Century Modernist

If you visit a few church swap meets, I’m sure you’ll find authentic pieces of furniture or accessories that inspired the Mad Men phenomena. You may even get a great story to go along with your treasure!

Repurposed Design: Repurposed and Recycled Decorating Projects

Thrifting is also eco-friendly. When you buy a used chair at a garage sale, you’re keeping it out of the landfill and reducing your carbon footprint. Plus, you can repurpose lots of things you find. How about turning a salvaged sink into a bird bath? While helping to save the environment you can get some stylish pieces – could there be anything better?

So…go in search of that perfect mirror, headboard or sofa. And be sure to tell us what you find.

What are you waiting for…the weekend is almost here!

Shopping

1. Anon says:

I'm pretty sure it was the show Mad Men that inspired the Mad Men phenomena.

2. Kayla@HGTV says:

Welcome to D-Hap, Rashon! We're so glad to have you :)

3. Ava DeVault says:

Rayshon, I love the shot of your living room. Really crazy about the drapes. Much success on your blog. I will be a frequent visitor!

4. Deirdre says:

Thrifting means BedBugs!!

• Irene says:

Really? I went on vacation to New Orleans in Dec. got bitten by bedbugs in Comfort In in TN, Been shopping in the thrift stores for years and never had a problem! I asked other people have there been any bedbug problems from buying sheets and bedding? The answer was NO. I am personally afraid of those little vampires

5. Linda says:

Found two large 3' X 2' Bird prints framed with glass at the Good will store in West Palm Beach, FL…$15.00 each, but on sale for 2/$15.00! Sprayed the frames with $5.00 worth of paint…the kind that gives you a mottled effect and viola! Everyone wants to know where I bought them…I'm not telling.

6. Love the colors of the sofa and the pillows in your living room. Very sharp.

7. Cathy says:

I got a $800.00 outdoor gazabo at Goodwill for a $100.00. Now have had 4 years of enjoyment out of it.

8. [...] Rashon Carraway: Better Life Through Thrifting [...]

9. [...] Rashon Carraway: Better Life Through Thrifting [...]

10. Jean says:

I love this mirror! With 6 grandchildren, it would definitely be a hit!!! I'd be the coolest Nana ever:-)