One Model Management asked us to design an inspiring apartment that would be used temporarily by different models during their time in New York. The apartment was a white box to begin with, but once we got our hands on it, it wasn’t that way for long!

The kitchen was very open but lacked proper storage. To remedy that, we headed to the Bowery in Manhattan — a street known for its restaurant supply stores — and purchased an industrial kitchen cart. The cart acts as an island for cooking as well as storage for pots and pans.

novogratz model kitchen

Our main objective was to create an inviting environment for the models. Most of the girls staying in the apartment don’t know each other and have come to New York City from all over the world. To personalize the space, we created amazing custom wallpaper with Flavor Paper. The wallpaper is a collage of head-shots of all the models at the agency interspersed with blue flowers. You can do this with your own photos to make truly unique wallpaper. The design can be created from a mix of different photos or one over-sized photo. Try it!

novogratz model headshot wallpaper

We really went crazy with wallpaper and brought in different patterns, all in the same blue color family for the bedrooms to really tie the whole apartment together and make it cohesive.

novogratz flavor paper wallpaper

1. Teresa Bilbrey says:

Where Can I get the name of the company who does the wallpaper of the models. I', thinking about doing it in my grandkids room on on wall? As for the rest of everyones comments, I hold judgement until I see what you can do. I', assuming the Novagratz had a very small budget. Anyway, where can I send personal photos in and get wall paper made. Thanks

2. Moonbeam says:

@ Theresa: Yes, I'm assuming they had a small budget, too, so then why spend on custom wallpaper and high-end art rather than furnishings necessary for comfort and function? (Unless those things were donated in exchange for the publicity). On another website I believe they said the company name for the photograph wallpaper (I think there is also a website with their supply resources). However, there are several companies on the internet who do this type of work and maybe some in your local area where you can go in person. Just google "photos to wallpaper" or something like that. I like it, too, but think it was wasted in this space where groups of models will come and go regularly. As for what I can do, I can tell you: much better than this (and have).

@Nancy: I like thinking outside of the box for creative inspiration, too, but that doesn't necessarily equate with quality. I'm not a hater, just a lover of good design and efficient use of client money (such as not spending on high-end art and the leaving a two-seater sofa for a group of four people and not even a coffee table). (Unless, like I said, perhaps the art was donated — don't know.)

3. Deb says:

I found a new way to watch this show make it a drinking game everytime they say MODEL take a shot !Their show looks sOOOOOOOOOOO much BETTER!!!!!!!!

• Susan says:

My friend and I have devised a Bingo game for this show. It has Letters on Walls, tiered chandeliers, overpriced artwork and Cortney saying they have a lot of work to do, to name a few. All definite drinking game material, if nothing else!

4. Moonbeam says:

@Deb: Haha — love your suggestion! Cortney said they like to encourage people to "open a bottle of wine and start decorating." I didn't know we were going to need a bottle to watch them decorate.

5. Logan says:

Cortney and Bob, I just wanted to say how much I love your show and your design aesthetic. You are a pleasure to watch. I am so shocked by how mean some people are on these boards. You've definitely positively affected the design of my own home — I immediately got online and purchased the Renee Ricard print. I wish you all the best.

6. Debby says:

I have to agree with most of the comments. The furniture is not practical. The sofa is ugly and too small. The bedrooms are a disappointment in the furnishings. The wallpaper of those first models would need to be changed with each new group to be inspiring to the occupants. The kitchen is boring. There is almost no place for belongings. I don't get it.

7. Shirley Cole says:

I love the Novogratz show and do not understand all the vitriol. If you do not like it why are you watching? I think it is great. Keep up the good work.

8. Bobbi says:

Did the models get any curtains? I didn't see any curtains.

9. He landed on the one storm but if she must have flourish which you are amazing. The prettiest blog are everything which you feels for in her world. I want to create scary addons! Purple Clouds.