Growing up, the first thrill and chill of Halloween was when my mother brought decorations down from the attic, and the first to go up was a set of glow-in-the-dark giant paper skeletons my brother and I would hang on our bedroom doors, their bony arms and legs posed however we liked. To get our Design Happens readers ready for October 31st, we’re giving away four Fridays of awesomely frightful Halloween decorations from Grandin Road.

Grandin Road - HGTV Freebie Fridays

This week’s prize is their Animated Halloween Haunted Magic Mirror. It looks like an elegant mirror from a haunted castle, even more so when you step in front of it…

mirror with ghoul halloween freebie fridays giveway hgtv

…that’s when a ghoulish apparition appears! This ghastly reaper moves and talks, begging to be let our of his reflective lair.

Grandin Road wants one lucky Design Happens winner to take home this Halloween mirror. To be entered for a chance to win this super cool and creepy Halloween decoration, simply leave us a comment in the field below before 12/11c Monday, August 26.

This week’s question: When you pull out your Halloween decorations, what goes up first?

Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. Riley says:

The creepy cemetary! Lots of tombstones to place and bones to scatter about the yard!

2. Jennifer Alden says:

I have a wooden ghost yard sign that always goes out in the front yard yearly. I also would like to try the webs, and spiders!! I love the mirror…too cool!!

3. jULIE says:

I can't wait each year to decorate for Halloween, even though my son is grown! I buy new stuff throughout the year, so I never know what will go up first – usually something new and exciting – then all the old goodies! Hopefully the mirror will be the first thing up THIS year! HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!

4. wowraya says:

We are horribly unoriginal, its usually our spiderwebs since they are the most fun decoration to add onto our house. Usually we like to hang out in our driveway to pass out our treats so its our poor cars that get the webs, they get turned into haunted cars.

5. chris dunlap says:

well the only thing i have now is a big scary spider in the back yard LOL

6. Kelly says:

This year it is little stuffed ghost, skeleton and black cat hanging ornaments that we hung up in the house on a tree branch.

7. Carissa says:

The first thing I set out to start off the Fall/Halloween season is Pumpkin Spice candles. They smell yummy and the scents kick start the decorating for Halloween !

8. mommagreen1967 says:

CandyCorn,Fake Ghost,Stickers,Pumpkins,R.I.P. GraveYard Stuff,And Give Candy,Hay/Moss That Go's Around The Pumpkins, If We Have Lights We Put Them In The Ground,And We Put Out Our Fog Machine

9. Karen says:

My outdoor decorations go up first. First item this year will probably be the smoking cauldon.

10. Hillary says:

I first put out my Halloween candy corn lights and the open a bag of the candy corn candy – yum!

• Win a Lamp From HGTV Handmade!

• Tips to decorate with yellow ->

• This viewer wanted to create a light, airy dining room

• Staying with neutral shabby chic hues, this viewer mixed