Growing up, the first thrill and chill of Halloween was when my mother brought decorations down from the attic, and the first to go up was a set of glow-in-the-dark giant paper skeletons my brother and I would hang on our bedroom doors, their bony arms and legs posed however we liked. To get our Design Happens readers ready for October 31st, we’re giving away four Fridays of awesomely frightful Halloween decorations from Grandin Road.

Grandin Road - HGTV Freebie Fridays

This week’s prize is their Animated Halloween Haunted Magic Mirror. It looks like an elegant mirror from a haunted castle, even more so when you step in front of it…

mirror with ghoul halloween freebie fridays giveway hgtv

…that’s when a ghoulish apparition appears! This ghastly reaper moves and talks, begging to be let our of his reflective lair.

Grandin Road wants one lucky Design Happens winner to take home this Halloween mirror. To be entered for a chance to win this super cool and creepy Halloween decoration, simply leave us a comment in the field below before 12/11c Monday, August 26.

This week’s question: When you pull out your Halloween decorations, what goes up first?

Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. Ashley says:

TThis mirror is awesome!!!!!!! So halloween-y!!!!!

2. Kym Benton says:

The Fiber Optic Pumpkin Trio for the front steps…..Love Fall & Halloween….So pretty here in Kansas City

3. Lorraine Heins says:

The first thing that goes up is usually a giant spiderweb. Then, the statue in front of our house gets "halloweened": witches hat and some black filmy material put around her.

4. Dezi says:

I always decorate out porch for Halloween but we hardly ever get any kids:( You would think kids would want to go up to the scary house that 100 years old.. guess not. But this year I will be in school that night so no Halloween for me :(

5. Jessica says:

Usually it is my ceramic jack o' lantern tea light holders but this year it is my new scarecrow wreath.

6. Leslie says:

i'm hoping the first thing to go up is that mirror! then hanging ghosts in the trees.

7. GLENN614 says:

We have an figure of a ghoul that is all scrouched up in a sitting position and when you walk by it vibrates and makes noises. Well lets say that he finds his way around to many places in the house and is the start to our Halloween tradition of Welcoming the unexpexted and yes even the kids have hid it on me and got my attention more than once!!!

8. Judi Cortes says:

The life-size blow-up hanging skeleton – the kids love it!

9. rachel says:

Skeletons that look like they are crawling out of the ground in the front yard!
    That mirror is awesomely scary!

10. Laura says:

It is still out from last year!

• Sweet and Savory #Easter Recipes