Growing up, the first thrill and chill of Halloween was when my mother brought decorations down from the attic, and the first to go up was a set of glow-in-the-dark giant paper skeletons my brother and I would hang on our bedroom doors, their bony arms and legs posed however we liked. To get our Design Happens readers ready for October 31st, we’re giving away four Fridays of awesomely frightful Halloween decorations from Grandin Road.

Grandin Road - HGTV Freebie Fridays

This week’s prize is their Animated Halloween Haunted Magic Mirror. It looks like an elegant mirror from a haunted castle, even more so when you step in front of it…

mirror with ghoul halloween freebie fridays giveway hgtv

…that’s when a ghoulish apparition appears! This ghastly reaper moves and talks, begging to be let our of his reflective lair.

Grandin Road wants one lucky Design Happens winner to take home this Halloween mirror. To be entered for a chance to win this super cool and creepy Halloween decoration, simply leave us a comment in the field below before 12/11c Monday, August 26.

This week’s question: When you pull out your Halloween decorations, what goes up first?

Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. Kristin amescua says:

I have five trees in my front yard that I make webs that intertwine between them. The webs are hand made from yarn to look like GIANT REAL WEBS. Every year they get made from scratch. To go with my giant 4FT HAIRRY SPIDER that hangs from the biggest tree. And thats just a start @my house. Every year I pick a theme to be as close to a haunted house as possible. I start the planing for the next year right after halos night. This year im doing the exorcist. Right down to the pea soup vomit. I even use stuff from my taxidermist sister to make things more real. But it always starts with the webs. Thats my trade mark.

2. RWarren says:

The first thing that goes up is the candy bowl!!!! Filled with Candy Corn or some other Halloween treat. :) It is skeleton that does a creepy laugh when people put their hand in. So that way when everyone comes into our home they will always have a sweet suprise waiting for them. (It usually scared the poo right out of people because they aren't expecting a candy bowl to make noise.) Happy Halloween!

3. Nicole Geer says:

This is my first Halloween in my new home! So excited to decorate! What to do first? Buy the stringy cobwebs for the bushes out front and then the pumpkins, of course!

4. Terry says:

The first thing up is the first thing out of the decoration box… which generally is whatever was the last thing to go in last year… wish I could be more specific but it really depends upon how things were packed away…

5. Kat says:

Usually it is the bats and spiders and skeletons at the front entry. My husband is the big Halloween decorator. He does half the driveway and most of the front yard. He's just a big kid about Halloween, and loves seeing peoples expressions when it's time for trick or treat! This mirror would be such a great addition for him.

6. kim newcomb says:

halloween flag and solar lights

7. ChefSusanC says:

Orange rope lights with massive amounts of cobwebs on our front porch are the first things we put up to start off our favorite holiday. We all enjoy warm apple cider and make an evening of it. If I win the mirror it may stay up permanently just for my entertainment…sometimes you just have to amuse yourself!!

8. Melissa says:

Just got my Halloween stuff out today. Already put up the hanging skeleton hat screams to be let out of its cage. Had to show the kids:)

9. bellemorte says:

Halloween never leaves our house… new skulls & skeletons are added year-round. However, the first things out of storage is always the spooky green skeleton lights that go in the front window & a black, bug-covered wreath for the front door.

10. caseylu says:

~ the first decoration i display is a small knick knack tomb stone…and on it reads " I told you i was sick"

• Entertaining was high on the list for these homeowners. The

• Quick tips for organizing laundry rooms.

• Not everything in your laundry room has to be shiny and new

• Use bold color to make a statement. This laundry room by