Growing up, the first thrill and chill of Halloween was when my mother brought decorations down from the attic, and the first to go up was a set of glow-in-the-dark giant paper skeletons my brother and I would hang on our bedroom doors, their bony arms and legs posed however we liked. To get our Design Happens readers ready for October 31st, we’re giving away four Fridays of awesomely frightful Halloween decorations from Grandin Road.

Grandin Road - HGTV Freebie Fridays

This week’s prize is their Animated Halloween Haunted Magic Mirror. It looks like an elegant mirror from a haunted castle, even more so when you step in front of it…

mirror with ghoul halloween freebie fridays giveway hgtv

…that’s when a ghoulish apparition appears! This ghastly reaper moves and talks, begging to be let our of his reflective lair.

Grandin Road wants one lucky Design Happens winner to take home this Halloween mirror. To be entered for a chance to win this super cool and creepy Halloween decoration, simply leave us a comment in the field below before 12/11c Monday, August 26.

This week’s question: When you pull out your Halloween decorations, what goes up first?

Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. Tiffany Watson says:

We've only been on our own for two Halloweens so we have very limited decorations but the first thing I pulled out this year was a witch hat to hang on the wall by the front door!

2. Hope Godish says:

We have a great little "Mummy" holding a pumpkin in one hand! Still the cutest thing ever, once he' s out the box… then decorating begins!! Wouldn't be Halloween with out him!

3. Donna Bittinger says:

The first thing that goes up is the wreath on the door then pumpkins everywhere

4. Lisa Berger says:

We start small with the candleholders and such then work our way up to the big stuff ie 6 ft spider, mummy, inflatables.

5. donna whitney says:

Wreath on the door

6. KarenL says:

Our first item to go up is the Halloween town houses on the fireplace, then its the curtians and then we deck out the front yard with a huge HUGE blow up spider, The neighbors love it!

7. augstwoman says:

This mirror is quite amusing. This will be the first year in a long time that I put out all my Halloween tricks and treats. My grandson will be with me so we are gonna have a great time! :)

8. fgagliano says:

The first thing to go up each year at this time is my autumn wreath for the front door. After that, all the pumpkin candles and decorations are brought out to decorate the inside of the house.

9. Katrina says:

I LOVE Halloween & Decorating for it, would be awesome to win this mirror!!!

10. REB says:

The first thing going up this year is the graveyard in the front of the house, the neighbors love it because I change it every year and I do it in the middle of the night so everyone is freaked out when they wake up and there it is.

• Beach-blue walls, sea glass-inspired accessories and aqua

• A brown demilune table, too tall for the pint-size space,

• This bright blue wall hue is playful enough for a kids'

• Room With a View: 8 Dreamy Beachside Bedrooms