Growing up, the first thrill and chill of Halloween was when my mother brought decorations down from the attic, and the first to go up was a set of glow-in-the-dark giant paper skeletons my brother and I would hang on our bedroom doors, their bony arms and legs posed however we liked. To get our Design Happens readers ready for October 31st, we’re giving away four Fridays of awesomely frightful Halloween decorations from Grandin Road.

Grandin Road - HGTV Freebie Fridays

This week’s prize is their Animated Halloween Haunted Magic Mirror. It looks like an elegant mirror from a haunted castle, even more so when you step in front of it…

mirror with ghoul halloween freebie fridays giveway hgtv

…that’s when a ghoulish apparition appears! This ghastly reaper moves and talks, begging to be let our of his reflective lair.

Grandin Road wants one lucky Design Happens winner to take home this Halloween mirror. To be entered for a chance to win this super cool and creepy Halloween decoration, simply leave us a comment in the field below before 12/11c Monday, August 26.

This week’s question: When you pull out your Halloween decorations, what goes up first?

Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. Cindy says:

Our faux fall leaf wreath and new door greeter this year, a skeleton with a hat and a cat at his feet.

2. DrKenShrink says:

I am so excited to be back home in the USA after 8 years of being overseas and being able to Celebrate Halloween again. I know it is for kids, but it can be so much fun for adults too!!! The mirror would be great for the party!!!

3. LaluG says:

We have a witch and ghost I made with my kids years ago and seasonal wreaths that are first and soon joined by many others in the collection and is only rivaled in scope by Christmas …. and … I know just where the mirror will go …… oooooooooooooooh

4. Kerri Kelly-McManus says:

my wreath went up today in honor of the first day of fall-the first sign of Halloween in my yard is a ghoul covered in webs and complete with a sunflower tucked behind his ear-inside I have a halloween village that takes up 2 tables–that mirror would look fantastic above it!!! :)

5. Pam says:

I saw this mirror in the Grandinroad catalogue about two weeks ago. I think it would be an great, scary decoration for my very first home Halloween party! I can see it right above the mantle. Love Grandinroad items!

6. angelaf says:

Always… the first synonymous items for fall Hallowen, are the tarts & candles in fall scents… gets me in the mood to decorate!

7. Kathy says:

I plant colorful mums and kale in planters on my porch. Then I put white and orange pumpkins around them and a bale of straw. The topper is a colored iron Rooster. When October hits, I switch things to a little more Halloween with skeletons and spider webs and black crows with skulls.

8. DBradds says:

First thing to go up are my ghouls on the patio! Although I keep my Yankee Candles Bones figure up all year so I guess that makes them the first! I love Halloween, it's my favorite holiday.

9. Suzanne Neary says:

Halloween is my personal favorite….I have to put up all of my kids pictures on my windows first…..then the pumpkin, ghosts hanging from the ceiling…..of course you have to have a cemetary!!!!!! love my leaves surrounding the cemetary as well….looks official:)

10. Terry says:

I already have a few things up that I recently purchased, like my sign that says "the witch is in/out", :-/ but I definitely would have to say that the first thing I love to put up is my inflatable horse n carriage along with the cementary setting of tombs, skeletons holding old lanterns, with black roses In a very messy frontyard (cause I don't let the grass be cut in a month, to help the spooky feeling) n the fog machine to finish up…..did I mention the black lights lighting the tombs ….yeah I love Halloween

• Take the fall celebration outdoors

• The rustic lodge look is a perfect fit fot fall. Blending

• Shop thrift stores and garage sales for assorted small

• Fall-Inspired Linen and Felt Acorn Pillow