Fall is officially here, and along with the cool, crisp air comes the urge to spruce up and bundle up every room.

Fall DecoratingDesign by Ana Donahue

We polled our amazing Facebook fans and compiled their four best tips for easy, affordable fall decor along with some from our trend-watching arsenal. Get our must-do ideas, then tell us how you’re decorating for fall.

Declutter Before You Decorate
Getting organized might not be the most thrilling part of a fall spruce-up, but it is one of the most important. It’s also pretty darn satisfying: You’ll feel a lot better about being cooped up indoors when you can 1) actually see your cute new throw pillows and 2) find fall clothes and decorations.

Organize what you plan to keep, and get rid of what you no longer need. Facebook fan Carla is planning to donate items to alleviate clutter and highlight her new bedroom accessories. “My bedding will consist of a leopard blanket and newly-purchased red pillows, and the rest of the space will be simple and clutter-free.”

Switch Out the Accents
If you keep your larger pieces neutral, it’s easy and affordable to change the accents every season. Facebook fan Sandy uses her townhome’s neutral walls and furniture as a backdrop for seasonal accessories: “Each season of the year, I switch out all the accents: area rugs, throws, toss pillows and candles. Fall’s colors in my home are russet, gold, rust and dark green,” she says. Even one small change makes a difference: “I put an orange pillow on the sofa – instant autumn!,” says Facebook fan David.

12 Simple Ways to Dress Your Home For Fall

PatternsDesign by Tobi Fairley Interior Design

Patterns and Prints
From bold animal prints to tribal motifs, bold patterns are having a moment. Update your home’s look with a touch of bold pattern, like in the photo above, or go bold like Facebook fan Lantz: “I just redid my apartment in leopard and zebra print to go with the African theme in my front bedroom,” he says.

15 Favorite Patterns to Try Now

Fall Color TrendsDesign by Troy Beasley

Add Fall-Inspired Color

Fall is the perfect time to bring rich, gorgeous hues indoors. Facebook fan Sara prefers the classics, “like deep oranges, reds and golden yellows.” Or, switch out classic colors for trendy ones – here are 12 of the chicest hues to use this fall.

12 Hot Fall Hues

Get even more up-to-the-minute design ideas from our Fall Design Trends feature. Then tell us: What’s on your fall decor to-do list?

1. Jane says:

What paint was used on the walls of this handsome room?

2. yenfi says:

woo!! i usually wacht hgtv and i love it it make me feel great and provoque me to design my home every time..

3. Autumn colored throws, pillows, hand towels, guest soaps and candles are some that I introduce and are the easiest, non-decorating way to introduce the season into your home. I do however enjoy a few leaves and pumpkins placed around as well. http://thefrugaltree.blogspot.com/

4. lisa says:

Fall is a time where everyone is in limbo. I found that a hammock chair by Beachside Hammocks http://www.beachsidehammocks.com brought enough of the summer back into my home and really made it a relaxing, yet lively athmosphere. I hung one in my son's bedroom and another in mine. Both were mocha, a nice rich color. They have a huge selection of high-quality hammock chairs. They really spice up a room. Check them out. I highly recommend them.

• Lynne says:

Hey Lisa….We just added a pergola to our patio and a couple of these would be perfect out there. However, from the pics, they look like they would be difficult getting into as well getting out of ? Are they?

5. Lisa says:

They are really easy to sit down in! When hanging empty, you pull the fabric out as much as you want to determine where you want to sit down. To spread out completely, you simply pull more fabric out before sitting so you are positioned yourself farther back in the chair and just pull the fabric out. Super easy to use and hang, and really a lot of fun. Plus, Beachside Hammocks has a great return policy as well. Even so, I know you will love these. Everyone that comes over gravitates to them. Hope this helps.

6. karinacarlson says:

LOVE the window treatments in the first photo- eye catching. Here is another great resource for fall decor: http://tinyurl.com/cum3plo

7. First of all I would like to say great blog!
    I had a quick question that I’d like to ask
    if you do not mind. I was curious to know how you center yourself and clear your head before writing.
    I have had trouble clearing my mind in getting my ideas out.
    I truly do take pleasure in writing however it just
    seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are generally lost simply just trying to figure out how to begin.
    Any suggestions or hints? Appreciate it!