Remember last year when I returned home from San Francisco to a newly unearthed fireplace? It’s been nearly twelve months, but we finally finished the room! I’ve got a feeling you’re going to love our new Swedish dining space:

A few notes about the space:
1. You may or may not recall our former faux grandfather clock decal. After we lived with the clock for a few months, we realized that although we love our sweet decal, it was far too Victorian for the rest of our home. You win some, you lose some. In this case, we had to lose the decal to win our new DIY plywood clock. I’d say we came out on top!
2. We chose a FLOR rug design* (this one!) because we installed FLOR carpet tiles in the rest of our home and they’re the easiest things to clean in the entire world. Perfect for a dining / entertaining area and an accident prone female (read: me).
3. That super modern pendant you probably fell in love with in the video? You can score your own at Iacoli null I highly, highly recommend.

As always, I’ll be hanging out in the comment section if you’re wondering where we purchased anything else! See you next week!

DISCLAIMER: The custom rug shown in the above video was provided to me by FLOR for review purposes only. I was not paid to promote or endorse this product and all thoughts and ideas are truthful and reflect my opinion alone.

Design Inspiration

1. Martha says:

oooooohhhh I want those Flor tiles so badly. Perfect for an obsessed knitter :)

2. elizabeth traub says:

I love all the white and how you combined the kitchen and now dining area. Small tired space now looks refreshing and cozy and sterile. (sterile is not an offensive word if you are a germ-a-phobe like me)

3. kyrstenwebb says:

I really like this. You guys did a great job. The fireplace is beautiful!

4. MizzyD says:

I love the design, but you need a ColourSplash from David Bromstad!! Even if it's a few colourful art pieces on the walls and a centerpiece on the table… just a few splashes to stop it from looking like Swedish prairie in January! Gorgeous apart from that…..

5. erin loechner says:

@MizzyD – my husband says the same thing! I love the white, but we're brainstorming ways to incorporate color now… ;)

6. Melissa de la Fuente says:

I LOVE it & now I am dying to visit even more….cause I am picturing wine and meals in front of the fire….at that GORGEOUS table Ken made ( wow) and that killer light ( you are correct, we are now all in love) :) LOVE all of it, the new clock AND the rug! Great job hunnie!
    xo
    Melis

7. @CapreeK says:

OMG, Erin!! It looks so, SO good. You guys should be proud! :)

8. erin loechner says:

THANK YOU! :)

9. Heather McClatchie says:

Anyone know why cant i open any of Erin's videos – says "content not available"

10. [...] few weekends ago, Ken and I took a break from decorating the new dining room to explore a few of our favorite local antique stores. There are still plenty of empty areas [...]