One lucky Design Happens fan has a date with destiny in their near future in the form of Grandin Road‘s Life-Size Halloween Zombie Bride. Standing a dramatic 63 inches tall and with pronounced cheekbones like those, who wouldn’t want to bring this skeletal beauty home? Plus, she’s dressed to kill, decked out in her wedding day finest: “a midnight black and blood-red gown topped with a matching veil.”

Grandin Road - Life-Size Zombie Bride - HGTV design blog - halloween decoration

Nuptial bliss gone amiss marks week three of our series of fabulous and frightening Halloween decor giveaways from Grandin Road. So answer our question in the comments below before 12/11c Monday, October 10 to be entered in the sweepstakes.

Last week Shelley shared a Halloween decorating story that made me laugh out loud. One year her family’s style was “scary realism”. Her husband and her were police officers, and they used “real crime scene tape, body outlines on the concrete and fake blood… all of the neighbors thought we had killed each other.”

This week’s question: What’s your funniest or happiest Halloween decorating, party hosting or trick-or-treat story? Hilarious mishaps? Costume malfunctions? (Please, keep it G-rated.) Old-fashioned family fun?

Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. Jennifer says:

Every year we put out what we call our little ghost boy. He is a free standing prop that looks like a little boy trick or treating with jeans and tennis shoes with a sheet over his head to look like a ghost. We had a group of kids come to our door and after they received their candy one of the little ones yelled at our prop "Jake you're not supposed to go in strangers' homes!" We got such a kick out of the fact the child thought our prop was his friend.

2. Myrna Perkins says:

The leaves crispy under foot the air cooler at night just right. For sleep and days still warm enough for play with the grandchildren. Pumpkins carved and ghosts sitting on the porch waiting for all the children coming for an anticipated sweet treat. These are my ideal decorations and fond memories of past Halloweens and anticipation of another great one this year

3. Joan Jackson says:

Happiest memory was the first time that I took my son trick-or-treating. He couldn't understand why we would knock but then not go in the house … he managed to sneak by about a dozen people … then we had to chase him down!

4. Barb B. says:

I would love to have this freebie to scare all of my trick or treaters! ;)

5. Robin Bullinger says:

Funniest thing, or at least amusing. Our home sits on 1.5 acres with a front and back entrance. We would go out the back entrance, which is gated, to go trick or treating with the kids. My husband forgot to shut the gate, so some of the older kids would walk down the property, which is not a short distance nor is there any light until you reach the porch. They never would quite make it to the door, before they realized they were in someones back yard! I guess they were too busy chatting, now we put candy on the front and back porch just in case they actually make it to the porch!

6. V Du says:

Funniest Halloween moment was my 1st one. My parents were not too keen about the holiday and in fact didn't even know what to. They only knew what they saw on TV and the whole night they tried to scare me. I was basically crying the whole night but they gave me candy everything to calm me down. So it was scare me, I cry, I get candy the whole night.

7. Geri Anne Aranjo says:

Second to Christmas, Halloween is my most favorite time of year! When I was young we had a new home a dark unfinished basement. We created our own haunted house with our neighborhood friends and were thrilled with delight to be spooked in all those dark spaces…what I remembered most was being blindfolded and led to a bowl of eyeballs…touching them and squealing…even though I had peeled the grapes and put them in the bowl earlier!!

8. Gin says:

Happiest memory of Halloween is from my 18th birthday/Halloween party. I had a house full of people in costume, dancing, having a good time. I had a great Gwen Stefani circa Tragic Kingdom costume. :)

9. shelbydevil717 says:

We always have a big shin-dig for Halloween every year. One of my most memorable moments happened about 8 years ago at one of those shin-digs. The night was going on as usual, music playing, people dancing. Eating, drinking and just having a great time. Some of the men at the party were feeling pretty good so when "The Stripper" song came on, 2 or 3 of them jumped into action. A superhero, a cowboy and one in fatigues started dancing around the room. My mother-in-law and another female friend sat on a love seat where the boys were really putting on a show. There was no nudity just good old fashioned fun as these guys were obviously not professionals! Our superhero took center stage and the ladies on the love seat began to "egg" him on to get up on the coffee table and really give it a go! He flipped his cape to the left, he flipped his cape to the right. Put one foot up on the freshly dusted and Pledged coffee, then the next and he promptly "flipped" up and over back onto the floor! That wasn't the funniest part. With cat like reflexes he jumped back up to position and kept on dancing. There wasn't a dry eye in the place from all the laughter and shouting and I can only imagine what it must have looked (and sounded) like from the outside! My mother-in-law passed away 2 years ago but we always remember all the good times we've shared with her, especially this one! She was always one of the first ones at the party and raring to go!
    Oh, and by the way, it was all caught on film!!! ;)

10. pamelaslist.com says: