One lucky Design Happens fan has a date with destiny in their near future in the form of Grandin Road‘s Life-Size Halloween Zombie Bride. Standing a dramatic 63 inches tall and with pronounced cheekbones like those, who wouldn’t want to bring this skeletal beauty home? Plus, she’s dressed to kill, decked out in her wedding day finest: “a midnight black and blood-red gown topped with a matching veil.”

Grandin Road - Life-Size Zombie Bride - HGTV design blog - halloween decoration

Nuptial bliss gone amiss marks week three of our series of fabulous and frightening Halloween decor giveaways from Grandin Road. So answer our question in the comments below before 12/11c Monday, October 10 to be entered in the sweepstakes.

Last week Shelley shared a Halloween decorating story that made me laugh out loud. One year her family’s style was “scary realism”. Her husband and her were police officers, and they used “real crime scene tape, body outlines on the concrete and fake blood… all of the neighbors thought we had killed each other.”

This week’s question: What’s your funniest or happiest Halloween decorating, party hosting or trick-or-treat story? Hilarious mishaps? Costume malfunctions? (Please, keep it G-rated.) Old-fashioned family fun?

Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. Joan says:

My funniest Halloween was the first year I had moved into my small town which has a Trail of Treats parade of almost everyone dressed up going from one end of town to the other visiting all of the businesses for treats. Parents and the children dress up. I had pieced together a costume and made up my face to become Queen Padme' Amidala from Star Wars. I kept my costume a secret from the family which was waiting outside for me to join them. When I walked outside the shocked and confused faces on everyone was funny. Some did not know it was me and thought the real character was visiting. All night long that reaction was happening and so many wanted a picture with me. Since then I love to keep my homemade costumes a surprise and so far so good!
    ;)

2. stephanie miller says:

3 years ago I bought a Kia Sorento and told my salesman I would be back to haunt him for halloween…Well,I did just that when I made a sock monkey costume and came strolling in with my sorento….would have made a great commercial…LOL Everyone in the showroom and all of the sales people lined up to have their pictures taken……A Blast !

3. Heidi says:

My favorite Halloween costumes my husband and I made were 19 years ago, our first Halloween as a married couple. I finally decided at 1am on Thursday night/Friday morning what we were going to dress as for the big party on Friday night. Hubby and I ran to Wal-Mart, got the materials needed and came home and sat up all night making our costumes. He went in to work at 5:30am without any sleep. We were young and foolish!! Ha!! He was a can of Mt. Dew, and I was a can of Miller Genuine Draft. We were the hit of the party and won for Best Costume and also Most Original Costume!

4. Judith says:

My happiest Halloween memory was the first time I could go trick a treating with my friends without one of my older siblings!

5. jdunn31 says:

My favorite memories is when I was in high school I had a 5 ft mummy for a project. My teacher wanted to keep the mummy but I told him he can have it after halloween. I decorated the front porch with dry leaves, mummy was standing in the corner and I had a bucket with dry ice to create my smoke. I bought an orange flickering candle lights for the front light and the spider webs. It was simple but I did scare many little kids. One little kid did not want to come to the front door and I felt bad so I went to him and gave him some candy.

6. Linda says:

how do you enter these contest? It is probably me, but I have yet to see any entry form, etc.

7. Marjie says:

I remember a Halloween when I was around 10 and we were too poorm to buy a costume. My neighbor gave me an industrial size brown paper bag I cut eye holes and arm holes and wrote on it IM AN OLD BAG We brought home 2 pillowcases full of full size candy bars that year!

8. Rosalee says:

My Boyfriend and I are the only people who decorate for Halloween on our street. The front porch, back hallway, and backyard are a mishmash expressing our holiday spirit. The Zombie would be a cool addition!

9. Robert says:

I like the Zombie. She'd look hot on my front porch.

10. hannah says:

The best memories I have of Halloween span most of my younger childhood and involve a Halloween mask more so than the holiday itself. My dad had a super creepy mask and every summer we would have cook outs with the neighbors. My siblings and I would play outside in the backyard of our neighbors house for as long as we could convince our parents to let us, often after dark. Whenever my mom wanted us to come home, she'd send my dad over in his mask to hide in the bushes. He'd come running out towards us saying "bwaaaahhh" as loud as he could. It gave us a scare every time.

• Want it Wednesday: Decorations and Products for Halloween

• Want it Wednesday: Decorations and Products for Halloween

• Eclectic bird cages are grouped together to create a fun

• A sitting area comprised of blue and white furniture holds