Once upon a time, I owned a fabulous collection of pyrite and agates. I’m not sure when that heavy box vanished from my life, but if I came upon it now, I’d arrange quite the colorful and dazzling of vignettes in my living room. The promotions for Bjork‘s new album, Biophilia, confirmed what I spotted again and again during my last trip to the Atlanta design market and on a stop at my local Target this past weekend. Agate is on trend.

agate - home accessories - vignettes - HGTV design blog

1. Biophilia 2. RABLABS Vela candlesticks 3. UncommonGoods agate coasters 4. Matthew Studios Robert lamp 5. Arteriors Home Fergie agate slice sculptures 6. Artisan Sigmar Polke’s agate stone Grossmuster church window 7. Matthew Studios Quinn table 8. Evolution agate bookends

For you design enthusiasts with a bent towards petrology, get ready to geek out over what I saw on Erin Loechner‘s blog: A Rock Poster.

Have you incorporated agate in your home decor?

Tell us in the comments below.

1. Kayla@HGTV says:

Ahhh! This is so amazing. I used to collect agates when I was younger. They were part of my "rock-ish collection" then, but would be so incredible in my home now. Why did I not realize that?!

2. Briana@HGTV says:

So funny that you posted about this! I had been thinking about doing the same post for a bit, and collected most of the things you ended up using. :) Except the candle holders. Those are genius!

3. Briana@HGTV says:

(I think you'd dig these agate-like rugs, too: http://design-milk.com/etage-rug-by-studio-bijoux )

• anna@HGTV.com says:

Oh, I saw that rug and then promptly forgot about it. It's very cool! Glad you shared the link. Even neater being on the same design wave length. (I wish I had photos from Atlanta market to share. The agate and crystal accents were huge!)

4. elizabeth traub says:

My grandpa lived at the beach and tumbled rocks into all kinds of pretty colors. I always wanted to cover a lamp base or pictures frames. I too have not seen my colorful collection the better part of 35 years.

5. who would have thought that onyx was so stylish and so very cool:-) Thanks for sharing! <a href="http://www.themodernsybarite.com” target=”_blank”>www.themodernsybarite.com

6. who would have thought that agate would be so in now? Thanks for sharing. <a href="http://www.themodernsybarite.com” target=”_blank”>www.themodernsybarite.com

7. erin loechner says:

Oh I love a good agate! :)
    e

8. [...] been feeling the rock trend lately, so my fellow blogger Anna’s post about the amazing ways people are incorporating agate into design inspired today’s delight. [...]

9. [...] been feeling the rock trend lately, so my fellow blogger Anna’s post about the amazing ways people are incorporating agate into design inspired today’s delight. [...]

10. MizzyD says:

Love that agate church window! Simply Stunning!