As you know, teal is our October Color of the Month. Many of you agreed it is the perfect color for fall, and I have to say, I happily agree. I was all about mustard-yellow going into October, but I think I’ve found a new favorite color. My nails are painted a glossy shade of teal. I recently picked up a deep teal dress. And now I think I can finally say goodbye to summer without too much separation anxiety, all thanks to my new best friend. The hue instantly struck a vintage chord in my mind. Retro teal electrics, hand-blown glass and mid-century modern kitchen wares. Check out some of my favorite vintage teal finds.

Entertaining with the Color of the Month: Let’s Talk Teal

HGTV Color of the Month October Teal Colors Etsy Accessories Teal Trending Color HGTV Design Blog Design HappensAll from ETSY: 1. Vintage Avon Fish Cologne Bottle :: FunVintageLiving  2. Vintage Swingline Stapler :: WiseApple  3. Vintage Boston Champion Pencil Sharpener :: swagJUICE  4. Large Samsonite Biscayne Luggage :: theoldgoat  5. Retro Motorola Electric Clock :: BeatriceinBlue  6. Cathrinehom White and Teal Lotus Cooking Pan :: MidModMomStore  7. Nelson McCoy Vase :: alamodern  8. Mid-Century Modern Chair :: SocietyInc  9. Vintage China Dish :: vintagebitsandpieces  10. Vintage Ceramic Plates :: thecupcakekid

In what form would you most likely use teal in your home? Slathered across your walls in a shade from your favorite paint collection? In bold accents? A dose of vintage fun?

Tell us in the comments below.

Accessories, Antiques

1. Briana@HGTV says:

That stapler is clutch. So Mad Men!

2. [...] Roundup of Our Favorite Vintage Teal Finds HGTV Design Happens Thu, October 13, 2011 9:30 PM UTC HGTV Design Happens Rate this story Share this story (function(){var [...]

3. Anna@HGTV says:

I remember pencil sharpeners like that from elementary school…but they were an ugly green in the 70s. The teal makes me smile!

• Yes, the pencil sharpener caught my attention too. I totally remember those from elementary school and just LOVED to sharpen my pencil with it, spinning the handle as fast as I possibly could. I wonder how many of them are still in "elementary school existence"? I think I want one for my office now. Hey, I already have pops of teal in my office. It would be another "accent".

BTW, I was for a yellow October color too Kayla but maybe that will show up in November. :)

• CplusE says:

I still have a pencil sharpener like that, only mine is all grey — I have had it for years, but I refuse to say exactly how many! I didn't even know they came in pretty colors, but they do work extremely well and obviously last forever.

4. Marianne@HGTV says:

I already have a huge teal vintage sectional in my home, so I am liking the kitchenware with teal accents, to bring it into another room. That little vintage hotpot is calling my name!

5. Ann Porter, CKD says:

The suitcases make me think of my Grandmother. I have a similar swingline stapler – but it's not in such a cool color but I love the size of it.

6. ElizabethGray says:

Wow, I LOVE the clock! I "need" it for my bedroom. Maybe next to a teal accent wall?!

7. Lisa says:

Digging the October color of the month, teal. It's a serious pop of color, moving away from the traditional colors of fall, the reds, golds etc.

8. Laura says:

So what are some of the best paint brand equivalents to these?

9. Glenda says:

About paint brands….. I do not like valspar, which is all Lowes has. It seems to separate and is difficulte for me to spread. Any suggestions?

10. newsnahewy says: