October 31st is right around the corner! It is such a fun holiday to celebrate with decorating, dressing up and hosting parties. Here are a few festive, creative ideas to get you in the Halloween spirit.

1. Host a Halloween Cupcake Decorating Party

Gather the kids, cupcakes and toppings and have a ball! This easy, inexpensive party theme is sure to please kids and adults. The TomKat Studio printable party collection I designed for this theme adds the finishing touches to tie it all together.

2. BOO Your Neighbors

Are you familiar with “BOOing”? If not, you should be! It is such a fun tradition. Secretly leave Halloween goodies on your neighbor’s front porch, along with this free printable sign and instructions. The idea is that they will then BOO another neighbor and the whole neighborhood will get in the Halloween spirit. We were BOOed this weekend, and we’re baking tonight to keep it going. Download Free BOO Sign + Instructions

3. Make a Spooky Halloween Banner

I hosted a girl’s night in last week, and we all made this fun Spooky Halloween banner. Download Free Printable Spooky Banner Letters

4. Brew Up Creative Cocktails

For the adults, try out some new creepy cocktails. This black widow martini looks intoxicatingly scary, especially with a spider crawling up the glass stem, but is sure to be sweet. Drop a candy spider right in the drink as a garnish, like this dark and spooky cocktail. Or serve spiked punch in this festive pumpkin punch bowl.

5. Bake Haunting Halloween Treats

This donut tree is adorable and can double as a centerpiece for your gathering. Decorated cookies are always the perfect treat to serve at your party or as party favors for guests. Candy apples, cookies and cake pops like those featured on this dessert table are all yummy additions to a Halloween party.

What are you doing this year to celebrate Halloween?

Tell me in the comments below!

Entertaining, Holidays

1. Eleanor Harrison says:

I want to tell you about some ghostly stories but I don't know how to get it done. And boy do I have some.

2. Eleanor Harrison says:

I've lived in 3 houses which I have had experiences with ghostly things. my grandmother's house that I grew up in, my mother's house, boy was that one ever scary and the house that I purchased in Philadelphia.

3. [...] to Celebrate Halloween + Free Printables HGTV Design Happens Tue, October 18, 2011 8:36 PM UTC HGTV Design Happens Rate this story Share this story (function(){var [...]

4. [...] Visit my latest post on HGTV!  Share and Enjoy: Filed Under: halloween, hgtv About KimKim Stoegbauer, Party Stylist/Editor of The TomKat Studio. Her work and products have been featured on HGTV.com, MarthaStewart.com, Celebrate Magazine, Parenting Magazine & more. Kim is a contributing writer for HGTV, HomeGoods & Project Nursery. Next PostPrevious PostHalloween Cupcake Party {Featured Parties} [...]

5. renee says:

Thank you for the beautiful Spooky free printable banner! They will go so well with your other free Halloween printables this year! I love the black and white decor that you suggested in an earlier HGTV article. Thanks for inspiring me to decorate a little differently this year. It's fun to "change it up" sometimes!

6. josineide says:

i liked these top of the cake..is very nice and glad the party

kisses

Até mas beijos.

7. Briana@HGTV says:

Love those glam and ghoulish downloadables. Thanks, Kim!

8. Margarita says:

Everything is so beautiful! Love the black and white brooch on the apron. Do you have a tutorial?

9. taylor says:

Check out blog at THEGREELEYGIRLS.COM they have fab. Halloween ideas!!

10. Heather says:

I love these ideas! I wish I'd found this before our pumpkin party this past weekend. I'm bookmarking the page for next year, though :)