Is it just me, or do balloons seem to be having another renaissance these days? I keep spotting happy helium-inspired objects everywhere. First there were the balloon dog bookends, then groovy balloon lights on Design Milk, stunning marbleized balloons in the new issue of House Beautiful, and balloon ice cream cones and today’s delight — these Halloween-ready spiderweb balloons — on Pinterest.

spiderweb balloons

Apparently, the web effect is created with just a few pumps of Hi-Float, and the spider is one of those rubber or plastic spiders you see a lot this time of year. (Get the instructions here.) Despite my paralyzing arachnophobia, these balloons really appeal to me. How do you plan to decorate for Halloween?

1. CplusE says:

What a great Halloween idea — I love that balloon! I tend to decorate with a lot of pumpkins and jack-o-lanterns, plus a few skeletons thrown in for a bit of spookiness, but a bunch of spiderweb balloons would fit in just fine! I couldn't resist this recent purchase:

This well-known 1892 illustration is either spooky or elegant, depending upon how you look at it, and is a perfect addition to my Halloween décor!

• Briana@HGTV says:

That illo is both spooky and elegant! Love it. I have a retro-looking paper skeleton that I like to put on the door, but I still have yet to carve or paint pumpkins at home this year. That's on the agenda for this week. :)

2. fxgeorges says:

I have tried it and it is really creepy….took me a while to do it right, but it cool. Of course, I had to give it away as soon as possible….looked too much like real spiders for me :D

• Briana@HGTV says:

That's what I was worried about, too, @fxgeorges! Good to know that it actually works, though. Such a spooky effect.

3. jameskeisser says:

with property brothers when thay do a make over every time he tells a home owner what the cost will be
    he always get into it and then these gulls the owners the cost will be more and their are things he can't do and some of the renovations he does he takes short cuts that their ant any way that would occure in real life as a contractor can only go 10 % of any estimate that is given so as for me i have no use for the to brothers that are really a joke. being a lic. contractor i know what thay are doing will not fly in real life and i will not watch them any more, thay suck!

• stacy says:

Wow!!!! Very intresting to know, but i think they are hot so I am watching the show for other reasons. (Just keeping it real). But your insight is really appreciated.

4. [...] Daily Delight: Spiderweb Balloons HGTV Design Happens Sat, October 22, 2011 10:00 AM UTC HGTV Design Happens Rate this story Share this story (function(){var [...]

5. Indiatours says:

Tourism has become a popular global leisure activity. In 2010, there were over 940 million international tourist arrivals worldwide, representing a growth of 6.6% when compared to 2009.[2] International tourism receipts grew to US$919 billion (€693 billion) in 2010, corresponding to an increase in real terms of 4.7%.

6. Sunshades, overhangs, and walls of live greenery filter sunlight and protect interiors from overheating. The gaps between the towers contain terraces with pools and sky gardens. The staggered blocks of the structure's mass are oriented to let the sun pass through the building on its regular course.

7. Spiders (order Araneae) are air-breathing arthropods that have eight legs and chelicerae with fangs that inject venom. They are the largest order of arachnids and rank seventh in total species diversity among all other groups of organisms.

8. manzur alam says:

honestly speaking…i have never seen before like this post. its a amazing! ……..thank you

9. backlinking says:

A balloon is an inflatable flexible bag filled with a gas, such as helium, hydrogen, nitrous oxide, oxygen, or air. Modern balloons can be made from materials such as rubber, latex, polychloroprene, or a nylon fabric, while some early balloons were made of dried animal bladders, such as the pig bladder.

10. A spider web, spiderweb, spider's web or cobweb (from the obsolete word coppe, meaning "spider") is a device built by a spider out of proteinaceous spider silk extruded from its spinnerets.Spider webs have existed for at least 140 million years, as witnessed in a rare find of Early Cretaceous amber from Sussex, southern England.