I know it’s not yet Halloween, but I’m already thinking ahead to Thanksgiving. Maybe it’s the way retail stores condition us to rush from one holiday to the next, or maybe it’s just the thought of my mom’s yum-azing pumpkin pie. Whatever it is, it made this classy Pear Branch Serving Tray from Vagabond House jump out at me.

pear tray

The rich, glowing wood is a perfect contrast to the pewter pears. It’s all so very harvest-appropriate! I’d love to see the bounty my mom would surely put on it. Perhaps I can get the rest of the family to chip in for it as a kind of hostess gift to her. It’s a luxury item, but hey, it’s a small price to pay for that pie.

Products

1. RoniqueG says:

Ahhh, so ready for the holidays already! Thanks for this post featuring a beautiful serving tray.. only a few more weeks and we will all be bringing out our festive best! Thanks for the great post.

2. [...] Daily Delight: Pear Branch Serving Tray HGTV Design Happens Fri, October 28, 2011 10:00 AM UTC HGTV Design Happens Rate this story Share this story (function(){var [...]

3. Collins says:

Only $470 for the serving tray? I'll take ten! Give me a break!

4. Michelle says:

Plu-ease- I don't know about the rest of you but I couldn't /wouldn't spend that much for a tray. Beautiful- yes- but beyond extravagant in my book. I would love to see a suggestion that I might actually be able to buy. My days of Architectural Digest dreaming are gone. Suggest great looking things that I can afford. What would I pay? Perhaps $100-125 if I felt that it would be something I couldn't live without.

5. samc says:

Doesn't HGTV have a HIGH LOW SHOW? $470.00 is the high, now show us the low. That would pay the utility bill, car payment or grocery order. I agree, show us something we can afford.

6. Jane Walters says:

It's a beautiful tray but most of us don't have the money to spend on something like that. Like some of the other comments……show us something nice that we can afford.

7. Kate says:

This would be very easy to make on your own. A board, some handles, artifical sprigs with pears and some spray paint!

8. Anne says:

I think I'm in the wrong blog here !?… I LOVE this item! It left me speechless and I HAD to check Vagabond House's website for more. They also have smaller items for a lot less money – so definitely something for everybody…..

1.) The wood looks rich, has a beautiful color and an incredible wood structure shown.
    2.) The pewter pears and leafs look awesome! I really want to see someone make that himself a la" a board, some handles, artifical sprigs with pears and some spray paint!"

I'm convinced that this tray is made by hand. – And for pieces made by hand THAT I LOVE I am absolutely willing to spend some money. Why would I buy something cheap made out of aluminum that looks awful, has no details, feels like crap AND is questionable to health. I bet this is a tray you have forever. So think of the expense and the years you will enjoy it …… it's a minor cost then in my opinion AND you have something unique that you enjoy!

9. Paul says:

I couldn't agree more with Anne.

If you want to have an outstanding piece that you love and enjoy every day more, you have to pay a certain price. I'm a interior designer for people with a small budget and learnt that you better spend a little more money on something nice than save the money, purchase something cheap – that looks exactly like that: cheap.

My customers appreciate that every single time, and then on the other hand we find some other details for their homes that we can make ourselves with little money that make up for the expense.

So my advice: have a look at their website: <a href="http://www.vagabondhouse.com” target=”_blank”>www.vagabondhouse.com and check it out before you badmouth this gorgeous tray !!!