Featured

I love discovering a project that looks difficult but can be completed in a few hours with just a few supplies. Enter the easy-to-make, custom drum pendant project. Not only is this project easy to make, it will also add an instant touch of personalization and high-end appeal to your kitchen just in time for all that upcoming holiday entertaining. We all know that as years go by hardware and light fixtures can quickly lose their zest and appeal (namely dome light fixtures and brass galore). These contemporary pieces will look gorgeous over a kitchen island, and with so many fabric options to choose from, the pendant pattern can match your surrounding decor to a T.

HGTV-How-To-DIY-Project-Kitchen-Lighting-Pendants

Get the Full Custom Drum Pendant How-To Here >>

I’m happy to report that I have finally welcomed brushed nickel pendants to my kitchen and said sayonara to all-brass dome fixtures. (I smile daily just because of that.)

Are you a victim of outdated light fixtures? If so, is this the first project you’ve undertaken to fix them, or have you tried everything under the sun to push them into the correct decade?

Tell us in the comments below.

1. Mad love for that kitchen!

2. i_larue says:

I have less-than unattractive ceiling light fixtures in my apartment so I came up with a DIY drum shade that camouflages it without having to replace the fixture – perfect solution for renters! Here's a how-to video tutorial on how to make the drum shade: http://bit.ly/vDpDo3

Isabelle <a href="http://www.engineeryourspace.com” target=”_blank”>www.engineeryourspace.com

3. June says:

The pattern repeat doesn't match and would drive me mad.

4. Sew.Ingenious says:

Nice play of pattern with that kitchen! I could live with mismatch on one seam, worth it for the design.

5. Melissa says:

Love it! I already have purchased the light kit, we don't have a overhead light in our bedroom. I love this idea as I custom it to my decor.

6. thevibenow says:

Check out this room makeover from the Vibe Now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT_fzfjrmR4

7. Cliff says:

Here's the light kit version we came up with.. it's an Ikea hack! http://handmakemyday.com/2011/11/07/discount-ikea

8. Andrea Currie says:

I have a similar project in the works but need to go get a nice modern pattern like this one!