By now, most parts of the country have traded the sun-filled days of summer for a crisper fall clime but the warming presence of the sun is still evident in our selection of this month’s color. From the runway to the changing leaves outside your window, this happy hue is popping up everywhere. It’s such a natural choice that it won by a (nearly) unanimous vote. Wanna know what it is?

Marigold!

“This color is so delicious…literally. It makes me think of roasted butternut squash, creamy carrot soup, and mugs of hot mulled cider. Gorgeous to look at and good to eat? Yes, please.” —Marianne Canada, HGTV Home Studio

marigold color of the month1. House Beautiful  2. Painting: etsy/pinkpainter

“The fall landscape may turn marigold just as the leaves are dying, but a color so vibrant always makes me think about life and energy, not decay. It’s like mustard’s younger, happier and prettier sister.” —Briana Mowrey, Senior Online Editor

marigold color of the month1. Trendland / Lisa Candela: Colors of Mexico 2. Photo by James Merrell

“Marigold is the perfect hue for fall. Whether paired with black, gray or other hot colors like teal or plum, it can work well as a bold background or as a subtle accent color through throw pillows and accessories. Its rich, orange undertone adds instant warmth to a space and will help lead us into the cooler months of winter.” —Kayla Kitts, Assistant Editor

marigold color of the month1: Knit Hat: etsy/mojospastyle  2: Angie Hranowsky Design Studio

“Whether it’s because it’s just the right time of year or endless other reasons, marigold is catching my eye every place I look.  It works beautifully with harvest and autumnal accessories this season and eases us into cooler temperatures with its warmth. I think marigold” —Emily Morrow, Shaw Floors Director of Color Style & Design

marigold color of the month1. Bedroom by Phoebe Howard 2. Pillow: etsy/thehomecentric

“Marigold is at once fresh and traditional – its warm tones are reminiscent of the fall sunlight that’s waning way too fast, but it’s welcome alternative to November’s traditional orange. It reminds me of bi-colored mums and goldenrod and pairs just as well with juicy jewel tones as it does with rich slate grays. Whether you add a bold teapot or a marigold-hued statement chair, this color is bound to improve your mood. And we might just be ahead of the curve on this one – there was chatter at last week’s High Point Market that yellow is the next “it” color.” —Liz Gray, Senior Online Editor

Now, we want to hear from you. What do you think of our color choice this month and how will you incorporate it into your home’s fall decor or Thanksgiving entertaining plans?

Tell us in the comments below.

1. Liz_HGTV says:

Surprisingly I love the first shot with the marigold sofa and plum chair. Who knew yellow and purple could actually look good together?!

2. Francetta says:

Loving it

3. Karen Taylor says:

I love the color's and the fact that there are two double bed's. My health is not great and I get up and down all night long. I also have problem's if my husband drapes his arm or leg on me. Just think, your own bed, a matress to your liking and hopefully adjustible. My unfinished (17 Years) master suite is 20'x15'. I have the room. Just not the means. Who ever did this room should be extreamly proud.

4. Mary Thompson says:

Absolutely a happy color and just beautiful.

5. sowmya says:

orangish yellow is a beautiful and happy color.Love it.

6. Mike says:

Marigold and other yellow tones are great but I think that too much is over-powering. I prefer this color in accents like pillows and curtains. Perhaps on a single accent wall. <a href="http://www.swaneez.com” target=”_blank”>www.swaneez.com

7. fredgonsowskigardenh says:

I think Marigold would be best used in a room that does not get much sun (North Facing). If a person lives in a city town house, or apartment, it could possibly give a more countrified feeling to a space. I think it is a color that should be used sparingly, as an accent color if it is an intense shade. If it is softened to a pastel tint, it could be used in larger amounts. Yellows can go from being soft and happy, to overpoweringly "Get me out of this Space, the color makes me SICK", so tread carefully, if you think of embracing this color.

comment by Fred Gonsowski Garden Home .com

8. IndianapolisPainters says:

I love marigold is a happy color! I like cheerful sunshine-y mood in a bedroom or family room brought by yellow tones.

Indianapolis Painters

9. Amy-Purehome says:

This is such a great fall color. I love the idea of being surrounded by what reminds me of burning leaves! I definitely agree that it could be an overwhelming color if used TOO much – but I can see this being quite successful as an accent color used throughout a room.
    <a href="http://www.purehome.com” target=”_blank”>www.purehome.com – see if marigold is a color in your color profile!

10. CastleDesigns in FL says:

Hunter green is not a jewel tone–emerald is. Hunter green is long over and boring and that is why you don't see even the basic dark green in holiday decor anymore. It is lime to the rescue for the past few years. Marigold is a Great accent color. Love the couch. It goes with black, grey, eggplant, plum, teal, red, brown, midnight blue, even hunter green. You name it and marigold works with it–except pink. Though I am sure even the right thing or designer can make them work together.