So my production company is in Park City, Utah, shooting the online videos for the 2012 HGTV Dream Home. Um? Oh. My. Gawd. For any of you who’ve yet to experience this magical state, which is easily the most gorgeous place in the world, you are missin’ out, y’all! Everywhere you look, there’s picturesque scenery packed with to-die-for colors.

Inspiring Kitchens from HGTV Dream Homes Past

And although Utah itself is incredible, the 2012 HGTV Dream Home is just as spectacular. Designer Linda Woodrum has done it again. This time, the house is right smack in the center of a rustic piece of property, which looks out over the Provo River and onto gorgeous Utah mountains. The interiors are transitional and neutral, spotlighting the blue tones from the Utah sky, which Linda used in a subtle, sophisticated manner.

Dream Home 2012: Furniture Load-In Day

And although I’m stoked to be here working on it, I can’t help but think to myself, “It really sucks that I’m disqualified from winning it.”

Utah

All y’all who are eligible to win better plan to get crackin’ when the sweepstakes starts on Dec. 29, 2011, at 9am ET. (You’ll be able to tour the house starting Dec. 1 — until then, stay up-to-date at Dream Home Central.) A life in Utah would be the closest thing to heaven on earth there is. Stay tuned!

HGTV Dream Home

1. Martha Elmore says:

Isn't that something! Signing up to win HGTV Giveaway/Blog Cabin has become a part time job for me. I enjoy doing it and who no's maybe I will end up in Utah. A new start in a different state could be just the thing I need.

2. charlene mello says:

marry me

3. Kim AZ says:

If I win the house, my husband and I will turn it into a house for troubled teens. What a grand place to inspire young people.

4. mymakersdaughter says:

When can you start entering daily? It would mean the world if my parents won this house. I don't know anyone who deserves it more. :) Looking forward to seeing who wins.

5. LPardini says:

Great picture! It looks like the perfect spot to sip some hot cocoa in your robe and slippers!!!

6. wannalife says:

Questions, questions, questions. Snow days – are the roads plowed and maintained to ease in transportation. Also, can the design team post an updated floor plan. Some of the changes have left me clueless as to where the 4th bathroom and poweder room are situated. Love the house. Love there is no TV in the great room. My family has a problem conversing without a TV playing in the back ground. Is the family wing still sound proofed since the kids bunk area is now tucked under the stairwell.

7. Lisa says:

Fishing Fishing and More Fishing…If I have time I might do a Little Fishing

8. The house Fitz says:

My husband and daughter and I drove up to Midway on Thur (first day to enter the sweepstakes) and gazed around. We are officially in love and have assigned all of the rooms to the right person. I have 4 active grandsons that have no room to play in our current rental home, so this is the place for us! I also have elderly parents that could make the guest suite their home. I just love everything about it, including it's location. Midway/Heber/Park City/Francis – they're all areas we love. No reason not to move there as my husband commutes 55 miles to SLC as it is. This would make his commute a lot faster!!!

9. Sdream says:

It has always been our dream for my husband and I to retire in Midway. We have always felt that we can breath there! This home is completely perfect! Since the economy tanked our dream has been just a dream. Now there is a slight hope. Midway is completely beautiful and small enough to breath.

10. ddavey says:

It Would be the most wonderful opportunity to win this beautiful home in Midway. I lived there years ago in a home we built on the Provo River, and loved it so much. But misfortune forced us to sell it and I haven't been the same since. I love everything about that wonderful community…I wanna go BACK!