The holidays are in full throttle. And although Black Friday is a distant memory there are still some amazing deals to find, especially at thrift stores.

My dearest mother loves brooches, so when I saw this one for $3 I knew I had to pick it up for her. It may not have much monetary value, but she loves wearing it, and it’s special for both of us when she does.

Rhinestone Brooch

This brass lamp was only $9. This would be a worthy gift for someone who recently moved into a new home or apartment.

Brass Lamp With Black Shade

Although some people are not hip to brass, it’s easy to paint. Look for timeless shapes, like this one, when you’re considering a lamp you might want to repurpose. Check out one my fellow blogger did:

Brian Patrick Flynn Modernizes a Traditional Chandelier

A well-stocked thrift store may be the perfect spot to find a vintage dress or coat for your hard-to-buy-for friend.

Vintage Plaid Coat

When I saw this vintage plaid coat, I knew I had to have it. I am sure you will find something amazing for the people on your list. And maybe – like I did – a little something for yourself.

What’s your favorite holiday gift to shop the thrift stores for?

Design Inspiration

1. Rhyscurrency says:

It's interesting to see what someone picks out for you.

2. middlechild says:

I got a collectable plate at Goodwill. It depicted two black lab pups, one with a hunting magazine in it's mouth. I bought it for my husbands birthday. Our black lab was his best friend and we had to have her put to sleep this past July. (My husband is a hunter.) BTW – he loved the plate!

3. Brianne says:

Definitely jewelry! I love giving my friends unique pieces and thrift stores are the perfect place to look.

4. Terry says:

I have bought some beautiful lead crystal pieces and some Canadian pottery that my Mother-in- law loves. And I gave my mom 4 desert plates to go with a Majolica cake plate that she bought at Goodwill years earlier. (She was Thrilled and proud of me for also getting them at Goodwill.) We called Goodwill our favorite boutique.

5. macisjourney says:

Since not working, this is a wonderful way to get nice gifts that are still meaningful!! Thanks for the reminder!!

6. shelia says:

My daughters all love vintage pieces. Last year I gave one daughter who loves deviled eggs a vintage plate with two halves of a pear standing in the center. They are salt and pepper shakers! She's already used them for a dinner party in her new house. Old books are always one of their favorite gifts. This year the youngest will receive old brass bookends shaped like sailing ships. They were .89 each and I've already seen them for 45.00 at an antiques booth!

7. Debbie says:

I bought a lamp at Goodwill in Long Island about 15 years ago and love it….then when I moved to Nashville 2 years ago while browsing through Goodwill there, I found it's mate (for $4)! I bought 2 new lampshades for them and they are still proudly displayed in my living room in the Pocono's!

8. Debbie in FL says:

Most of my thrift finds have been cooking/baking pieces – although I cook very little, I still love the retro look. I let my neighbor pick out whatever she wanted out of my "finds" and she chose the Pyrex nesting casserole dishes – the lid for the smallest is missing but she's a thrifter herself so I'm sure she'll find one. I picked up a brand new Mikasa soup tureen at Goodwill for $1.99 – retails at more than $65.00 – for my Mom and then found its matching cake plate at the Salvation Army for another $1.99. Woo hoo! Last but not least, my Sunday school teacher needed a 9 x 13 lasagna dish (Glasbake), a 9" pie plate (Pyrex) and a small pitcher – all three were less than $4.00. Love it!!!

9. trudy says:

I have a thrift boutique near me. I buy cashmere sweaters for christmas. Sure they're fifteen dollars, but hey, they're cashmere!