Big news!

All of us at HGTV.com are so excited to be welcoming one of our very favorite bloggers, Rebecca Woolf to our team. (And as much as we love Rebecca, we’re apparently not her only fans.)

We are thrilled to introduce Rebecca and her family to you on our blog today, and we look forward to sharing some really fun and inspiring projects from Rebecca with all of you in the months ahead.

Take it away Rebecca!

+++++
Hello there, fellow HGTV fans! My name is Rebecca Woolf; I am the mother of four, wife of one, lover of life, style and stories. I’m super excited to be working with HGTV.com. And because I’m new here, meaning many of you have no idea who I am, please allow me to briefly introduce myself, and tell you a bit about my own design aesthetic, which I would describe as storytelling through decor.

Rebecca Woolf Girls Gone Child Bio Photo

I’m a California girl (raised by the beach in San Diego) who has lived the last twelve years in Hollywood, where I make my living as a writer and blogger.  I grew up in a home where most of the art was painted by family and friends and/or came down through generations. Even now, most of the art that hangs on the walls of our home was painted by my mother, grandmother and great-grandmother, who worked as a writer and painter and passed away before I was born.

My great-grandmother, Frances Wright was married to John Lloyd Wright, son of Frank, and I grew up listening to the stories behind the pieces of furniture in my grandmother’s house, pieces designed and built by John (as was the home in which my Nana still resides). What appeals to me both in clothing and home decor is creating a narrative with pieces, a collage of colliding worlds and stories… My goal is for my children to come of age in an adventurous space full of worldly and idiosyncratic treasures.

Beaded Flea Market Chairs

Beaded chairs from our local flea market, Melrose Trading Post

bookcase surrounded by Francis Wright art

A makeshift bookcase, surrounded by Frances Wright paintings and a working gramophone

vintage postcards

Postcards from the swap meet

John Lloyd Wright Lamp

A lamp designed my step great-grandfather, John Lloyd Wright

As a new mother of twins, I spent a lot of time and energy planning and decorating my girls’ nursery…

Twin nursery

Designer nursery for kids
Rocking chair in twin nursery

I’m SO looking forward to working with HGTV.com on an upcoming web series featuring unique spaces for babies and children (“ChildStyle with Rebecca Woolf”). In the meantime here are a few images of my three-month old twins, Boheme Shalom and Reverie Lux, as well as their nursery, inspired by their names, a la “Bohemian Daydream”.

Twins together

Bo & Revi, on blankets handmade by my mother

Revi Woolf

Revi

Bo Woolf

Bo

Nursery Artwork

Nursery Artwork Rebecca Woolf
Twin initials in nursery
Purple bookcase in nursery
Turquoise dresser in nursery

Rebecca Woolf children

Boheme and Reverie with Fable, 3, and Archer, 6

More soon! In the meantime, thank you so much for having me. I’m thrilled to be here, and I look forward to sharing many decorative adventures with all of you.

With love,

Rebecca

PS: Get to know me better by visiting me at over my personal blog, Girls Gone Child or by following me on Twitter.

Announcements

1. Andrea says:

Great choice to add to the team!

2. Rachael says:

welcome! what an interesting family history. looking forward to your next post :) now following on your blog.

3. Rachael says:

oops, cant find where i follow your blog? so, now following on twitter as vintagedreamsne!

Rachael http://thethriftypicker.blogspot.com/

4. Christy says:

Yay! I love Rebecca's blog and am excited for her new project and sense of style. :)

5. jodimichelle says:

SO excited!

6. @CateOMalley says:

I've been a blog reader of yours for awhile now – can't wait to follow you on this new adventure!

7. Tina C says:

So excited to see this come to life. Congrats

8. Sabina says:

i too have been a blog reader and follower for at least 4 years now. bless you on your new adventure and can't wait to follow you on HGTV.com.

9. AFMom says:

Sounds like a neat show… guessing the kids won't like those names when they grow up though… I can see lots of fights on the playground… what ever happend to names like Sam and Susie ?? ..sigh…

• Scarlett Walker says:

I hadn't read any of the other comments here and now that I HAVE I have to make a comment. AFmom you made a comment about Rebecca's daughters names and, "what happened to names like Sam and Susie?" People like Rebecca who has imagination is what happened to Sam and Susie and thank goodness not everyone sticks to Sam and Susie!

Having a very unusual name myself, I did get teased as a kid, but so did each of my kids (heck my daughter's name is HOPE) cause ALL kids get teased about SOMEthing! However, as an adult, I SO love that my name is not commonplace and get many, many great comments about it. Your daughter's names are unique and beautiful and they are too! Having been married to an Air Force man for 22 years, I am surprised that AFmom didn't pick up more culture since you definitely travel as an AF dependent. Oh well, she can stick to Sam and Susie!

Scarlett Walker

• Hayley says:

Agreed. I love Rebecca [her writings and lifestyle] and my future half German children will definitely have some meaningful, cultured, inspiring names :)

Rebecca is a fabulous addition to the HGTV family!

• amanda says:

i dont see any fights. Every kid being born these days has an "unusual" name.

10. Pam from Ohio says:

Congratulations Rebecca! I've been reading your blog for quite a while now and was so excited to see this announcement pop up on my Facebook wall this evening! I'm so excited for you!!!!!