Waking up early on weekends usually means taking the dog for a walk, and maybe grabbing a cup of coffee from the neighborhood café. But sometimes I long for the days when it meant coming downstairs before my parents were even awake, pouring a bowl of cereal for myself and settling in with some cartoons. When I saw the Obol and this Alexander Teaspoon, they had me wishing for a giant box of Cap’n Crunch.

cereal bowl and spoon

I think the Obol’s “never-soggy” design is so smart! (It’s easy to get distracted by cartoons and then Cap’n Crunch can turn into Cap’n Mush). You can scoop in as much as you want for each single bite. And I love the Alexander spoon. For some reason, acrylic spoons have a much nicer mouthfeel to me than metal, and you can’t beat that plaid for a little pizzazz in the morning. The only downside may be having to fight family members to get “your bowl and spoon.”

1. Rachael says:

No way! This is such a great idea, why didn't I think of that.

Rachael http://thethriftypicker.blogspot.com/

2. Lori says:

NEED!!

I hate soggy cereal. I tend to eat cereal with a little bowl and the box sitting next to me… which is killer on the whole portion control thing.

This just got added to my birthday list!

3. Great idea. Also helps to make sure that you don't waste milk or cereal.

4. Vicky White says:

Please send me one of these terrific bowls and spoons. pretty please. It is a wonderful idea and i really want one. not because i am spoiled and get what i want but because i never get anything i would like to have. thank you.

5. PFG says:

Trying to figure a good use for it, but that's for me anyways. I was glad when my cereal got a little soggy, especially, Captn Crunch when I ate it, so it did not gash the roof of my mouth…LOL. I'm sure eventually I could find at least one use for it…some food I eat out of a bowl, but I like foods together & it does remind me of a baby food dish.

6. PFG says:

The spoon does look like fun & a nice combo with a fun spirited application. I've come to appreciate well made, substantial, sturdy, well balanced with my chosen likable flamboyant or flashy pattern in stainless silverware. Guess when you've had many years, I think you tend to know what it is that you tend to like best. Yes, absolutely the edges & shape where your mouth seats the eating utensil is crucial with it being a comfortable fit. I've found mine in looks & comfort, & extremely content.

7. Christina says:

This is genius! I always wolf down my cereal because I don't want it to get soggy! I must have!

Check out the big brunch I made over the weekend. http://becauseofmadalene.blogspot.com/

xo,
    Christina

• Briana@HGTV says:

Me too, re: cereal-eating habits! Of course, I'd much prefer the breakfast potatoes and bacon you made, but there's not always time on the weekdays. ;)

8. [...] on a bowl roll lately! First, I found my dream “never-soggy” cereal bowl, the Obol, and shared it with you. This morning, I was sipping coffee and flipping through the new [...]

9. Cameron says:

I think this is a nice bowl, but here is a much better spoon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IUOTXLU/